Any 15+ Genesis G80 Coilover Suggestions?

C8V6C

Hasn't posted much yet...
NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello all!

About to pull the trigger on a set of these Megan Coilovers for my 2017 G80 5.0.

According to the seller, these will work for my car and give about 3in of adjustability from stock height! I will be running a fairly aggressive setup, so I think that will be plenty for my needs.

At a price of around $750 shipped, I think that it sounds fair.

Question is, I haven't seen much through my searching in regards to reviews, quality, etc for the Megan coilovers or any other brand for that matter. Most were posted years ago or in a coupe version. I'm guessing not too many people have done coilovers for the 15+ yet?

And if anyone has done the install before, any suggestions that differ from other cars? I've changed plenty of struts over the years on BMW, Lexus etc, just never messed with a Genesis before. Doubt there are many differences, but if you know of any, let me know :p

Thanks for any advice!

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Are you still under warranty? if you are, I'd check with the dealer first. They may have something to say about replacing the struts with aftermarket units. Just fair warning. On another site similar to this one, an owner made several unauthorized modifications to a 2012 still on warranty and was denied a warranty claim for a blow engine (timing chain) by Hyundai and the dealer within 1500 miles of his warranty being terminated. I believe the engine was going to cost him $11K to replace the engine.

C8V6C

NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yes, still under warranty...it's a 2017.

Chances are, I sell the car before I have any major issues. I usually keep them only for a couple years, and don't plan to put too many miles on it right now.

Worst case, I swap the suspension back to stock if I had anything crazy happen.

Spanky61

Been here awhile...
NM
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Talk to your dealer first before you do. If they know about it up front they might not have a problem. At least, you would know if it's good to go.

C8V6C

NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Just wanted to update the thread, I purchased and installed the coilovers. So far so good, I am happy with the height and ride adjustability :)

I took plenty of pictures, just need to figure out a good place to host them and I'll try to put together a writeup of sorts to help everyone else if needed.

Front was fairly easy...rear was considerably harder than expected, but with some elbow grease and time, it can be done :)

chewbakarox

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just wanted to update the thread, I purchased and installed the coilovers. So far so good, I am happy with the height and ride adjustability :)

I took plenty of pictures, just need to figure out a good place to host them and I'll try to put together a writeup of sorts to help everyone else if needed.

Front was fairly easy...rear was considerably harder than expected, but with some elbow grease and time, it can be done :)
Interested in seeing the pics! Congrats on the install.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.