• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any Canadian friends...?

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello,

New member here and I am hoping to order a G80 in next couple months and I am wondering if there are any fellow Canadians here that I can pick brains with before I make the purchase.

I look forward to contributing to the community :)

Polar Ice

Registered Member
British Columbia, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hello,

New member here and I am hoping to order a G80 in next couple months and I am wondering if there are any fellow Canadians here that I can pick brains with before I make the purchase.

Pick away.
2019 Genesis G80 3.3T Polar Ice AWD 12,000K Owned 11 months now and I love it. Purchased out of Kelowna, B.C.

Don88

My G80 Tune: ♪I'll Take You There♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hello,

You could call me a counterfeit Canadian, I'm a Vancouverite, the one 300 miles south of the border. <G> 'Got a 2018 G80 Ultimate RWD and it's the best car of my seventy years of driving! Enjoy!

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Welcome!
In the Toronto area with a 2018 G80 Sport. 17k on it and love it.

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thank you for the reply guys, I am thinking 2020 G80 Ultimate Himalayan Grey but yesterday I took my wife to a Hyundai dealership where I saw couple of Genesis's parked and she said G80 looks bland and was more keen on G70.
I have a test drive booked for g70 tomorrow and then will drive the g80 too.

Any major issues with your cars so far? I am coming from a '16 Honda Accord and never had a single issue with that car, just loved it and new accords are not my type so I am looking elsewhere.

Polar Ice

Registered Member
British Columbia, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Thank you for the reply guys, I am thinking 2020 G80 Ultimate Himalayan Grey but yesterday I took my wife to a Hyundai dealership where I saw couple of Genesis's parked and she said G80 looks bland and was more keen on G70.
I have a test drive booked for g70 tomorrow and then will drive the g80 too.

Any major issues with your cars so far? I am coming from a '16 Honda Accord and never had a single issue with that car, just loved it and new accords are not my type so I am looking elsewhere.
No issues at all with my 2019 G80 Sport. My first service is next month.
If there’s a G80 Sport on the lot, let me suggest that your wife sit/drive in that one. I love the front grill/fascia.
The G70 has the the same engine as the G80 Sport, but it is a lot less money, plus the G70 has nowhere near the comfort in cruise. Different car in many ways. It’s a tad quicker(lighter) though. Btw, I’m a little biased.🤫

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have a G70 and love it; you can't go wrong choosing between the G70 and the G80--just depends on what you want out of the car and what suits you. For example, if you want a really large back seat, G70 is not likely the way to go. :) Best of luck!

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
No issues at all with my 2019 G80 Sport. My first service is next month.
If there’s a G80 Sport on the lot, let me suggest that your wife sit/drive in that one. I love the front grill/fascia.
The G70 has the the same engine as the G80 Sport, but it is a lot less money, plus the G70 has nowhere near the comfort in cruise. Different car in many ways. It’s a tad quicker(lighter) though. Btw, I’m a little biased.🤫
She had an opposite reaction, said G80 front is meh! whereas G70 front stands out.
We are driving both today back to back g70 and then g80, thought the g80 is 3.8 but I am going to see if they have a sport model available for test drive. We have a baby seat and in a year we might have another one, so will have to see if g70 can even fir 2 baby seats and an adult in the back :)

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have a G70 and love it; you can't go wrong choosing between the G70 and the G80--just depends on what you want out of the car and what suits you. For example, if you want a really large back seat, G70 is not likely the way to go. :) Best of luck!
G70 will have to pass the baby seat test, though it'll be alot easier for her to drive then g80 I suppose.

SeekingGen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
G70 will have to pass the baby seat test, though it'll be alot easier for her to drive then g80 I suppose.
There are several posters on the G70 forum who have baby seats in the back and have safely navigated that issue. I believe the primary concern is the room for adult feet to comfortably rest on the floor behind the driver seat. Overall--both cars look great--so just try them out and see what works best for your family. :)

bubbaG80Sport

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
There may be age requirements to purchase a G. :)
G70 < 40
G80 >40 <50
G90 50+
I'm the youngest of all G80 drivers that I've seen.

Last edited:

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
why is it so hard to break a brand taboo?

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
She had an opposite reaction, said G80 front is meh! whereas G70 front stands out.
We are driving both today back to back g70 and then g80, thought the g80 is 3.8 but I am going to see if they have a sport model available for test drive. We have a baby seat and in a year we might have another one, so will have to see if g70 can even fir 2 baby seats and an adult in the back :)
I have the G80 with two car seats. My wife can barely fit between the seats on the backseat, so might not work with a G70.

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I have the G80 with two car seats. My wife can barely fit between the seats on the backseat, so might not work with a G70.
And you sir have hit the nail on the head. Just test drove g70, g80 3.8 and sport. Wife made a comment about how "simple" the G70 interior was and a bit cramped, then we sat in the back seats and I was fine with it (I am 5'8") but she immediately said no way and I can see it getting cramped with 2 car seats though one seat might be manageable.
G70 is very quick and nimble out of the bunch but I was very surprised by g80 3.8 as I felt more connected to it. I then drove g80 sport and its pretty quick for its size and wife liked the roomy back seats so I think we would pick g80 sport over g70 due to space issues and also I think g80 drives better and more refined.
I do have my tuned 335 for the times when I want to let lose ;) and I think G80 sport can also be tuned, though I was eyeing the v8, I think v6 will be just fine and tab bit better mileage.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums