• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any Canadian friends...?

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Is it possible to add proximity card key to the g80 sport? I know it only comes with ultimate, but...

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
And you sir have hit the nail on the head. Just test drove g70, g80 3.8 and sport. Wife made a comment about how "simple" the G70 interior was and a bit cramped, then we sat in the back seats and I was fine with it (I am 5'8") but she immediately said no way and I can see it getting cramped with 2 car seats though one seat might be manageable.
G70 is very quick and nimble out of the bunch but I was very surprised by g80 3.8 as I felt more connected to it. I then drove g80 sport and its pretty quick for its size and wife liked the roomy back seats so I think we would pick g80 sport over g70 due to space issues and also I think g80 drives better and more refined.
I do have my tuned 335 for the times when I want to let lose ;) and I think G80 sport can also be tuned, though I was eyeing the v8, I think v6 will be just fine and tab bit better mileage.
I'm in my 30s and have the sport as well. Initially I wanted the G80 but after test driving the Sport I felt it was designed for our age group lol. Do it up! Good luck.

AcerOne

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary, Canada.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
There may be age requirements to purchase a G. :)
G70 < 40
G80 >40 <50
G90 50+
I'm the youngest of all G80 drivers that I've seen.

LOL try being 36 and with a G90. I definitely dont suit the demographic for this car but I love comfy cars and this fits the bill.

rroyce46

Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I am in Calgary & have a 2016 3.8 AWD Luxury Genny bought @ 11000 KMs in January 2018. Now @ 26000 KMs & its the best car I have ever owned. Comfortable, 34 MPG Imp on the highway & great ride & quietness.
Surprisingly capable handling if driven @ 80% but then as I am now 73 my driving style is more relaxed. Love the Lexicon Stereo too.

Always drove & sold Merc S class new for the last 20 years but as I am now retired I got tired of MB service & maintenance costs. Plan to buy a Hyundai extended warranty this August to be fully covered until August 2026.
It's cheaper to keep her ;).

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I am in Calgary & have a 2016 3.8 AWD Luxury Genny bought @ 11000 KMs in January 2018. Now @ 26000 KMs & its the best car I have ever owned. Comfortable, 34 MPG Imp on the highway & great ride & quietness.
Surprisingly capable handling if driven @ 80% but then as I am now 73 my driving style is more relaxed. Love the Lexicon Stereo too.

Always drove & sold Merc S class new for the last 20 years but as I am now retired I got tired of MB service & maintenance costs. Plan to buy a Hyundai extended warranty this August to be fully covered until August 2026.
It's cheaper to keep her ;).
Cool, I am in calgary too!

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
New Genesis G80 sport owner in Vancouver here.
Traded my 15 TLX for an ex demo Casablanca white G80 sport and loving it thus far.
Cool! I just got 2020 G80 sport havana red delivered last week.

How do you like the g80 compared to tlx? TLX apec was on my list when I was shopping around.

Olusegzy

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Cool! I just got 2020 G80 sport havana red delivered last week.

How do you like the g80 compared to tlx? TLX apec was on my list when I was shopping around.
Test drove a 19 TLX 3.5 AWD Tech before before getting the Genesis and was underwhelmed. Didn't feel any different from my 15 2.4 . Nothing Acura makes atm compares to this car. Been getting lots of compliments from people who never said anything about the Acura lol.

WhiteFang

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Test drove a 19 TLX 3.5 AWD Tech before before getting the Genesis and was underwhelmed. Didn't feel any different from my 15 2.4 . Nothing Acura makes atm compares to this car. Been getting lots of compliments from people who never said anything about the Acura lol.

haha funny thing is, the day I picked mine up, I came upto merge lane and this guy driving a TL type S wouldn't let me in so I pulled behind him, that was my first "dick" moment in this car.
Car feels solid and good, turns few heads (not as much as my 07 335i but still), I just hope it lasts and I enjoy it. Met another G80 sport owner, said it was his second one and he really liked the cars and brand in general. Can't wait for few road trips in this baby.

Netrics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Just got my 2020 G80 Sport Mallorca Blue this week and am loving it. Compared to my last car (2003 Toyota Matrix XRS) this is totally different, and very enjoyable; I'm used to very hard shocks. My only worry now with the car are the tires (based on the recent forum threads), which is why I got the car discounted. Though it looks like Michelines might be something to consider in the near future. I'm surprised they still delivered the car in that transparent flatbed enclosure.

Question, have any of you guys wrapped your cars in paint protection film, and/or done a ceramic coating on it? I get a lot of stone chips on my old car when communiting to work everyday, and am really considering one or both of those options.

Howie Feltersnatch

Calgary
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just got my 2020 G80 Sport Mallorca Blue this week and am loving it. Compared to my last car (2003 Toyota Matrix XRS) this is totally different, and very enjoyable; I'm used to very hard shocks. My only worry now with the car are the tires (based on the recent forum threads), which is why I got the car discounted. Though it looks like Michelines might be something to consider in the near future. I'm surprised they still delivered the car in that transparent flatbed enclosure.

Question, have any of you guys wrapped your cars in paint protection film, and/or done a ceramic coating on it? I get a lot of stone chips on my old car when communiting to work everyday, and am really considering one or both of those options.
Had the 3M applied as well as the exo shield protectant. too new to know how it will hold up but it looks great. wouldnt even know it is on there

Pr0metheuz

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

I have a number of annoying stone chips on mine so recommend the paint protection if you can get it for a good price. I have a 2018 G80 Sport in blue with the Continental tires. Be sure to them inflated to at least 36psi for the front and it should help a bit as the 34psi spec is too low.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums