• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any high mileage Genesis owners out there??

Stunamar

Getting familiar with the group...
Curious as to you mileage and how the car is holding up....
I average at the bare minimum 3000 miles a month...will a Gensis hold up to this abuse for several years?

m5trader

Hasn't posted much yet...
One of the car magazines did a 100,000 mile test and the Genesis held up. I read it online so it is out there somewhere.

nextcar

Been here awhile...
I drove a friend's 2010 v6 with 40k miles. Drives like new. No rattles or creaks. Only thing is the leather looks a bit worn on the seat bottom.

ilovemygenesis

Registered Member
Connecticut
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
i am coming up on 60,000 miles, i got my baby april 2009, only major issue i had was a bad radiator which had to be fixed a few weeks ago. Just routine maintenance, had an slip up with the radio and rear view camera not too long ago so i'll need to keep an eye on that. Since the warranty is up at 60,000 i will go in soon to get all that checked out.

bfscrob

Hasn't posted much yet...
As of july 1, 2015, my 2009 V6 genny has 205,200 miles on it. I can't take all the crdit for it though, I bought it from a salesman a few months ago with 201,000 miles. Still rides like new. Other than the ventilated seat barely moving any air, I love it.

Sleepr24

Getting familiar with the group...
I have a 2011 V6 Gene with 117k miles on it and I have not had even one issue with it (even with all the mods Iv done on it). I do take good care of it but I have been more than happy with the reliability of this car. Iv only had to change the breaks twice, had to have rotors refinished once and the tires replaced twice which is all to be expected. I love this car!

DRS

Banned
There is another post with roll call on mileage too.. Some high mile Genesis in there.

faizal

Registered Member
2009 V6 Tech Pkg purchased September 2008. 76k miles and no major hang ups, but a handful of smaller ones:

-creaky suspension: dealer addressed
-stiff rear suspension: I replaced stiff solid sway bar with hollow [softer] 2012 model
-power cut issue: dealer reseated battery cables and it was addressed
-drivers seat cooler not too effective anymore
-several windshield chips (glass pro said Hyundai uses softer glass)
-wore out OEM tires pretty quickly
-still on OEM brakes (!?)

Oil changes every 6 months and air filters every 12. That's it.

Still love the car! Will make any excuse to drive it.

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have an 2009 4.6 V8 with Tech package. 114k miles, everything has been good, only a couple minor hiccups plus the usual standard maintenance. I bought the car CPO in 2012 with 29k miles, so I've put the majority on it. Just standard maintenance other than listed below.

-thermostat stuck open at 38k miles. Took 4 days for dealer to get part in stock, covered under warranty, no loaner offered
-windshield wiper motor died at 85k miles. $550 to replace, took 4 days for dealer to get part in stock
-replaced original brakes pads at 88k miles and resurfaced rotors. Front rotors warped at 100k, replaced. Not a real gripe since I've never had brakes or rotors on any previous car last that long overall.

So my biggest gripe is that if something goes wrong with a Genny...the dealer isn't likely to have parts in stock since the car is "rare". And Hyundai being the budget brand they are, none of the local dealers offer loaners or rentals which is a pisser when it takes 4 days just to get the parts in. My wife is a 3x Subaru driver and both Subie dealers by our house offer free loaners.

And to chime in on faizal's observations above:
-my right rear suspension creaks when I go over a big, soft bump in the road and the suspension travels to full extenion
-I've got several windshield chips too doing mostly highway driving, so it's probably true about the soft glass
-my driver's seat cooling still works, but is definitely less effective. I've seen the mod about opening up the seats and installing some tubing to open up the ventilation pathways. The foam in the seat is definitely more compressed now than when I got it.

I plan on keeping this car until it dies...so hopefully a long time:) I'd like to take it to 250k miles or about 5 more years.

amartz

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
So my biggest gripe is that if something goes wrong with a Genny...the dealer isn't likely to have parts in stock since the car is "rare".
I'm taking mine in for a parking sensor I believe is going bad. They won't order a replacement part until they inspect the old one, just to make sure it's not a loose wire or something. Problem with that is they have to take the front bumper off to get at the damn thing. If it were me, I'd have a replacement part on hand, as long as I'm going to the trouble to take it apart like that. But *NO*, they won't pre-stock the part. So now I'll probably wind up getting the front bumper removed *twice*!! Penny wise, Pound foolish! Maybe I should get them a new horn set while they are up in there!

2011 Genesis 4.6

Been here awhile...
Jax Fl
I'm taking mine in for a parking sensor I believe is going bad. They won't order a replacement part until they inspect the old one, just to make sure it's not a loose wire or something. Problem with that is they have to take the front bumper off to get at the damn thing. If it were me, I'd have a replacement part on hand, as long as I'm going to the trouble to take it apart like that. But *NO*, they won't pre-stock the part. So now I'll probably wind up getting the front bumper removed *twice*!! Penny wise, Pound foolish! Maybe I should get them a new horn set while they are up in there!
is that key hyundai?

amartz

Registered Member
Jacksonville, FL
is that key hyundai?
Yep. They are just up the street from me, I almost go past them on the way to work and back, so the location is very convenient. And I *hate* that drive out Roosevelt to get to Westside. I'll let you know how it works out, also getting a 60K maintenance done. At least they provide a loaner. BTW, Westside doesn't stock the part either. It's a Hyundai thing...

2011 Genesis 4.6

Been here awhile...
Jax Fl
Never thought they would be in stock. Lol i have a habit of choosing cars that don't have support.
But i have received parts just on my say so my drivers mirror was just replaced because I told them defrost wasn't working.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums