• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any issues with radar-based features?

J Dixon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Having some time on my hands I decided to read the contract on my 10 year/100,000 miles bumper-to-bumper extended warranty. Mine is the PLATINUM "cover everything" version. Well, reading into the warranty, it appears that in Section III (What the plan does not cover) in section B: all laser radar cruise control components" and "near object avoidance systems" apparently are NOT covered.
At the dealership I was specifically encouraged to buy the warranty for piece of mind about all the technology the car has.

Not being my first rodeo, I'm not surprised by this, but I am interested in knowing if the Genesis is known to have issues with these systems. I'm also interested in seeing how much it would cost to replace the main components.

I've had excellent service with this dealership since 2013 and I'm going to bring this issue up with them as I feel it needs to be clarified. They may likely cover it if it fails and I'm reading in wrong. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

J Dixon

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
That being said. I have only ever seen one thread on this forum about a failed SCC with no history of what caused it, the OP bought the car used and then came on here bitching about the SCC not working. Apparently it wasn't a CPO and he got it from a less that reputable dealer, so no way of knowing if the car was in an accident, but apparently it was a Hyundai problem from his POV.
Yes, and it has been perfect ever since. It is really nice to have on long trips. You do have to look out the window and steer once in a while though.
Thanks for the input. The car is a CPO and the Platinum extended warranty was reasonable in price. We bought a 2013 Sonata 2.0T Limited at the same dealership back in 2013 and have truly had the best dealership experience with them of all car purchases we have made.

I am one to take car of my car so your responses make me feel a bit better about the longevity of the "tech".
No one can predict the possibility of a crash (lots of knotheads out there) and that's what insurance is for.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Arshad14

Genesis Model Type
I wish I could say the same. For whatever reason and it wasn't because of an accident, my 2015 Genesis with over 140,000km has a failed Blind Spot Detection that decides to work when it chooses and stops when it doesn't want to work. Same goes for the front parking sensors.

I've taken it in to Hyundai and they charged me $600 for the front parking sensors and trying out all sorts of things and working with tech and Hyundai HQ but couldn't figure it out. It is also very temperamental. I've also asked them to check the Blind Spot Monitoring system and they blame that on realignment but that's trial and error and would have to charge me to get that readjusted for every visit back until it works without fail.

Anyone have any recommendations?