Any of you have a headliner/sunroof noise issue?

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #1
I got my car about 2 months ago and it's really annoying (something is wrong with the clip i think). I went to the service centre and because I'm the first one, they don't know what to do.
t's an issue in korea and the people who were in charge of sunroof/headliner would come and fix it for them but I don't know what they will do in here.

I doubt they will do that, and according to people who had this problem it would make the noise again and again (unless they change the whole headliner).
I'm just scared because the mechanic said he had never done this type of fixing ( i hope it doesnt get worse).
anyways I'll see how it goes and tell you guys the results!

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thread starter #4
Pics? Which model do you have?
I didn't take a video but the mechanics were riding with me and they heard it so it's ok. I'll take it next time it's a clicky sound. I think there's a clip holding the headliner and the car chassis and that one's probably broken.
I have 3.3 sport model.

devellis

Been here awhile...
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Man, I hope it isn't a common problem. Best of luck with it getting fixed properly. On a brand new car, they should make it right for you, even if it requires a new headliner. Unfortunately, these are the kinds of annoying little problems that can show up on a new model.

Buckdes

Getting familiar with the group...
I didn't take a video but the mechanics were riding with me and they heard it so it's ok. I'll take it next time it's a clicky sound. I think there's a clip holding the headliner and the car chassis and that one's probably broken.
I have 3.3 sport model.
When i got a quote to get the shark fin on the roof wrapped my guy said that the headliner in this car would be an incredible bitch to remove or even mess around with as there would definitly be high risk of broken clips and he did not recommend the work. Maybe Genesis went a little to elaborate with the headliner restraint ??

Edmguy

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I usually have my stereo fairly loud so I haven't noticed anything, but will try to listen for it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.