Any other mods for performance?

jwalkingjon

G70 3.3T Siberian Ice - JB4 stage 2 tuned
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So I currently have a Throttle controller / Performance downpipes / High flow mid pipes / Muffler delete / JB4 with spark plugs / Cold air intake. Wondering if there is anything else I can get below $400-500 that will give me some performance gains. Not sure what to get next!

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
4-500? meth, intercooler but those are pricier. You’re almost FBO for the platform. There’s still stuff like better wheels and tires, springs, sways which will help you put that power down. BOVs are cheap but seem to not do anything for our platform except make different noise. Stock bovs through testing are actually pretty great

Good luck, love living vicariously through you guys since I won’t be modding this car like I did my last one

buddy712

Chicago IL Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I agree, meth is the next best performance booster (15-30 realistic HP gain) but will cost a bit more and has a running cost for meth at each fill up

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What about moving from JB4 to a tune? Don't get me wrong, JB4 is amazing but I'm really impressed with Kagander's tune for the Stinger/G70. He's able to remove torque limiters (and do other things), which I believe are the biggest performance limiters with our cars. His stage 1 & 2 tunes don't make any more power than a JB4 yet his 0-60 is in the very low 3 second range. Even if someone just got the torque limiters removed with no extra power, I think our 0-60 and 1/4 mile times would be a fair bit faster. You can keep the JB4 as it offers things the ECU tune doesn't...

Food for thought!

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OP - sway bars FTW. less than $400-$500, and best singular handling mod you can make to exploit your others mods...assuming you already have the PS4's. you have lots of power, time to shift focus to other aspects of 'performance'.

another option would be to upgrade to the Euro spec sport pads to improve braking performance if your plans include any track time or extended spirited driving.

your car + sways + euro pads would be killer.

jwalkingjon

G70 3.3T Siberian Ice - JB4 stage 2 tuned
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
What about moving from JB4 to a tune? Don't get me wrong, JB4 is amazing but I'm really impressed with Kagander's tune for the Stinger/G70. He's able to remove torque limiters (and do other things), which I believe are the biggest performance limiters with our cars. His stage 1 & 2 tunes don't make any more power than a JB4 yet his 0-60 is in the very low 3 second range. Even if someone just got the torque limiters removed with no extra power, I think our 0-60 and 1/4 mile times would be a fair bit faster. You can keep the JB4 as it offers things the ECU tune doesn't...

Food for thought!
Can he do that remotely or is that in person only? I'd think about that honestly. Also is it able to do the crackles / pops?

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Can he do that remotely or is that in person only? I'd think about that honestly. Also is it able to do the crackles / pops?

You have to send your ecu to him. Not sure about pops etc. Message him and ask, he's pretty busy but will answer in a couple days.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums