Any others with first-hand experience at Pearson Genesis?

MaxPower

Registered Member
Central Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
I'm seriously interested in either the GV70 or GV80 so I stopped by the new stand-alone Genesis dealership in Richmond last week and was pretty unimpressed. I was hoping this was a temporary space but the salesman told me this was it. After 30 years of experience with the Lexus dealer across the street I'm left scratching my head at this set-up. Granted, after purchase I could care less about the "showroom" but the service area seemed a little suspect as well.

Any others with first-hand experience at Pearson Genesis? I'm primarily interested in how they'll treat me after the sale but any takes on the buying process would be appreciated as well.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm seriously interested in either the GV70 or GV80 so I stopped by the new stand-alone Genesis dealership in Richmond last week and was pretty unimpressed. I was hoping this was a temporary space but the salesman told me this was it. After 30 years of experience with the Lexus dealer across the street I'm left scratching my head at this set-up. Granted, after purchase I could care less about the "showroom" but the service area seemed a little suspect as well.

Any others with first-hand experience at Pearson Genesis? I'm primarily interested in how they'll treat me after the sale but any takes on the buying process would be appreciated as well.
As a Hyundai dealer they have a very good rating on Google. What makes you think they won't be good as a Genesis dealer? What is suspect in the service department? No tools?

MaxPower

Registered Member
Central Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
As a Hyundai dealer they have a very good rating on Google. What makes you think they won't be good as a Genesis dealer? What is suspect in the service department? No tools?
It all just seemed very temporary. I know they're in the process of getting it together but I'd lobve to be re-assured by someone with fiorst-hand experience.

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
If you have been dealing with the Lexus dealer across the street for 30 years you should surely know that the “new” Pearson Genesis dealership you are asking about was formerly Pearson Hyundai which also sold Genesis vehicles since 2009. The Hyundai portion of the dealership moved west on Midlothian TPK in July and took over the former Pearson Infinity dealership facility. Pearson sold their Infinity franchise to Hyman Brothers across the street at Alversar Drive.

Thus, the former Pearson Hyundai -Genesis facility that you are asking about is now a stand-alone Pearson Genesis dealership. I do agree that they have been slow getting their permanent exterior signage completed, as well as their interior renovations. Like most other dealerships these days they have less new vehicles on the lot, so they are dealing lots of used vehicles too.

I’ve had my Genesis and Hyundai vehicles serviced at the location you are asking about for 10 years. I’m sure you will be fine. They are experiencing growing pains after being forced by Genesis to split their showroom from the Hyundai brand.

By the way, the Lexus dealer you have been dealing with is a beautiful facility and it’s impossible to beat their showroom. It’s unquestionably the finest auto sales facility here in the Richmond, VA area. If you need latte and buns, stick with Lexus.

By the way, before I bought my ‘12 Genesis I also tested a Lexus ES 350 at your dealership. I thought it drove like an old Buick and promptly chose the Genesis model instead.

Last edited:

Falaris

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I am looking at Pearson soon for my next maintenance on my 21 G80. I live closer to Fredericksburg and for my first oil change I took it up to Koons. I was happy enough with the service but as I have family in Richmond I want to change over to Pearson. I am glad to hear that Ernie has had good experiences with them.

-Fal

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
I am looking at Pearson soon for my next maintenance on my 21 G80. I live closer to Fredericksburg and for my first oil change I took it up to Koons. I was happy enough with the service but as I have family in Richmond I want to change over to Pearson. I am glad to hear that Ernie has had good experiences with them.

-
Give them a shot. Just remember that they are in a renovation status. Tell them you are testing them out. Meet the service manager and the GM. Give them hell if they don’t deliver. I live 6 minutes from there, if I make two traffic lights. Let me know if you want me to put “the arm” on them. 🤣

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Falaris

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Virginia
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Well, I had my first visit with them yesterday for my 15k service and I left happy and looking forward to what they will be in the future. The showroom is still clearly underway but so far so good and it looks like they will be impressive when complete. The service was completed in a timely manner and the car was cleaned very well afterwards.

Granted this was just an oil change and a tire rotate but seeing what will become a true standalone Genesis dealer in the Richmond area was very refreshing. Thanks to PMCErnie for the recommendation and thanks to Genesis of South Richmond for a good experience.

-Fal

PMCErnie

Ancient ‘steemed Member
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Well, I had my first visit with them yesterday for my 15k service and I left happy and looking forward to what they will be in the future. The showroom is still clearly underway but so far so good and it looks like they will be impressive when complete. The service was completed in a timely manner and the car was cleaned very well afterwards.

Granted this was just an oil change and a tire rotate but seeing what will become a true standalone Genesis dealer in the Richmond area was very refreshing. Thanks to PMCErnie for the recommendation and thanks to Genesis of South Richmond for a good experience.

-Fal
That good to hear. I keep wondering why they are so slow in renovating the place. It’s been 6 months and they still have vinyl signage outside (like one of those temporary Halloween stores), versus a more permanent and professional look. They haven’t even finished the exterior painting and it’s now the height of winter. Finger’s crossed.

led lit velossatech high performance big mouth ram air snorkels airscoops for your genesis
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners