• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Any sedans in the Denver-Colorado Springs area?

bilworth

Registered Member
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2014 5.0 r-spec from Phil Long Hyundai in Colorado Springs. I love this car. And, I am a bit dismayed that there aren't more 5.0 r-spec's on the road. This car is at least on par with my 2008 BMW M-3, my 2007 BMW 335i coupe (both sold) and my friends 2010 BMW 535i. Why aren't there more r-spec's on the road? Is it because Hyundai hasen't chosen to market the Genesis sedan very aggresively in the United States? I have never seen a commercial featuring the car.

Are there any of you who drive one of these fine sedans in the Denver-Colorado Springs area? Also, if anyone is in the market for a new 2014 at a bargain price, they have one at Phil Long Hyundai in Colorado Springs.

Drive safely,

Bill

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2014 5.0 r-spec from Phil Long Hyundai in Colorado Springs. I love this car. And, I am a bit dismayed that there aren't more 5.0 r-spec's on the road. This car is at least on par with my 2008 BMW M-3, my 2007 BMW 335i coupe (both sold) and my friends 2010 BMW 535i. Why aren't there more r-spec's on the road? Is it because Hyundai hasen't chosen to market the Genesis sedan very aggresively in the United States? I have never seen a commercial featuring the car.

Are there any of you who drive one of these fine sedans in the Denver-Colorado Springs area? Also, if anyone is in the market for a new 2014 at a bargain price, they have one at Phil Long Hyundai in Colorado Springs.

Drive safely,

Bill
Hyundai has done a fair amount of advertising for the Genesis over the years, including at least one Super Bowl commercial (at $3 million for a 30 second spot). But it is not a huge seller, so hard to justify a lot of advertising. They can't spend more on advertising than they make selling the cars, even if sales increase. Most of the current advertising is on golf and business news TV shows (CNBC, etc). But the R-Spec sedan is no longer made.

But in CO, Genesis has only had AWD since 2015 model, and CO has not been a big market for RWD cars.

Last edited:
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums