• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone about to buy a new/used car, if so this might help

mark1376

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi all,

I recently had to get a new car because the transmission blew in the one I previously had. Turns out as I expected, I was not gonna get much for the trade so I decided to ask some friends for tips on where I could get a decent trade around the area. Turns out that there is this dealership in Woodbridge that gave me a pretty good deal for the trade and gave me a nice discount from the msrp price of my new car (2013 Genesis 2.0t) to a reasonable price. This guy named Marcelo took care of me and told me that he had just gotten started so he wanted to just sell the cars and didn't really care much about the profit as supposedly they were still paying hit a set price. So that's my tip for people who want to buy a car for bargain, look for that new guy at any dealership, it seems that they are not that worried about the price as much as they are about how many cars they sale.

Good luck all!

Mark.

brfatal

Been here awhile...
VA
Hook, line and sinker. Anyone telling you that is lying. Nothing matters except the profit. All prices have to go by the sales manager regardless of a "claimed" salesman's mindset.

Mark_888

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hook, line and sinker. Anyone telling you that is lying. Nothing matters except the profit. All prices have to go by the sales manager regardless of a "claimed" salesman's mindset.
You are a very cruel person. I guess next you will telling him there is no Santa Claus.

wd40

Registered Member
Lost Wages
Hi all,

I recently had to get a new car because the transmission blew in the one I previously had. Turns out as I expected, I was not gonna get much for the trade so I decided to ask some friends for tips on where I could get a decent trade around the area. Turns out that there is this dealership in Woodbridge that gave me a pretty good deal for the trade and gave me a nice discount from the msrp price of my new car (2013 Genesis 2.0t) to a reasonable price. This guy named Marcelo took care of me and told me that he had just gotten started so he wanted to just sell the cars and didn't really care much about the profit as supposedly they were still paying hit a set price. So that's my tip for people who want to buy a car for bargain, look for that new guy at any dealership, it seems that they are not that worried about the price as much as they are about how many cars they sale.

Good luck all!

Mark.
Bottom line is shop around. Take your time and just say no!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums