Anyone been able to program a card key? DMV/Baltimore area

Send_It1

2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Hey guys, I have a 2015 Hyundai Genesis sedan and I’m looking to program a card key (the flat credit card looking key) instead of my current fob. Anybody have any luck doing that? I’ve seen a few other success stories but not much info and most Hyundai dealers in the Baltimore/DMV area don’t know what I’m talking about, hoping someone’s successfully done it and could put me in touch with their dealer!

Last edited:

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Yes, quite a few have. You didn't mention where you were located? I had mine done at Texan Hyundai in Rosenburg, TX. Once you get the card programmed, the bigger issue will be finding someone who can cut the key portion to work on your car door (desirable if you need your actual key for something). That too can be done, but only a few locksmiths have the tooling to do it.

Send_It1

Yes, quite a few have. You didn't mention where you were located? I had mine done at Texan Hyundai in Rosenburg, TX. Once you get the card programmed, the bigger issue will be finding someone who can cut the key portion to work on your car door (desirable if you need your actual key for something). That too can be done, but only a few locksmiths have the tooling to do it.
Thanks for that! I’m in the DMV/Baltimore area.

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Hmm, I don't know the dealership situation there. I would check the search results link I posted earlier; this has been an off-again/on-again topic since 2015, so I'd be surprised if someone from that area hadn't at least posed the question.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Just a word of caution from someone who's had a couple of these. I suggest keeping your card FOB in your wallet, not in your pocket. If you take it out temporarily to put in your pocket, put it back in your wallet ASAP. I ruined at least one of these when I had it in my shirt pocket and it went through the wash. I had taken it out of my wallet to give to the dealer for an oil change and forgot to put it back in "it's home." Roughly $400 down the drain (the cost of the FOB at the time, plus dealer programming, plus getting the key cut, which I had to drive to Plano to have done- 8 hour drive round trip).

dfyffe

Hasn't posted much yet...
Altanta
[/QU
Would this work on a 2015 Ultimate ?

Aquineas

Been here awhile...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis G70
Would this work on a 2015 Ultimate ?
Yes. You will need to take all your FOBs in though at the time of programming.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums