• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone know the Gross Axle Weight Rating GAWR of 2018 AWD G80 Sport?

G80Cougar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm looking for rims for snow tires for my G80 sport and one website mentions making sure the wheels can handle the car's weight. And a local dealer said there weren't many rims that could handle the G80's load.

Here is the website's comment: Remember, always make sure the wheels are load rated to your vehicle. Check the GAWR (Gross Axle Weight Rating) of the heaviest axle of your vehicle. The wheel load rating is based on 50% of the heaviest GAWR of your vehicle.

So does anyone know what the GAWR for the G80 sport AWD is? I don't think it is the same as the reference weights: base curb weight: 2050 kg / 4519 lbs, gross weight GVWR: 2490 kg / 5489 lbs is it? I haven't been able to find the GAWR anywhere after searching for a bit and I've seen other cars have a GVWR and a different GAWR which makes me think they aren't the same number?

I think I want to go down to 18" rims for the snows so if anyone has done that on their G80 Sport AWD please share your wheel and tire choice.

bubbaG80Sport

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The drivers door sill sticker on my 2018 G80 Sport HTRAC/AWD (U.S. purchased) shows Front-GAWR=2756 and Rear-GAWR=2976 lbs.

2018-G80Sport-190911-VINSticker.jpg

Note:
Your reported GVWR of 5489lbs is different\less than what is listed on the sticker for my 2018 G80 Sport HTRAC/AWD (5644lbs). Maybe yours is a Korean or Canadian version. You know us "U.S. muricans" have a propensity to being fatter/obese ;)

Last edited:

G80Cougar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
The drivers door sill sticker on my 2018 G80 Sport HTRAC/AWD (U.S. purchased) shows Front-GAWR=2756 and Rear-GAWR=2976 lbs.

View attachment 24963

Note: Your reported GVWR of 5489lbs is different\less than what is listed on the sticker for my 2018 G80 Sport HTRAC/AWD (5644lbs). I suspect yours is a 2019.
Thanks I will have to go look at my door jam again the sticker I found didn't look like that and didn't have that info on it. It had load capacity with passengers and psi recommendations. The info I posted on GVWR was from a website I'd found.

G80Cougar

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If it was snake it would have bit me! Found my "other" door jam sticker.... sorry to waste the air space!

My weights match yours and my car was manufactured in January of 2018. Think I'll refrain from posting for awhile!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums