• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone know what this warning light means?

StarPower

Registered Member
Virginia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The picture looks a little different than mine, but it looks like the warning for the front radar sensor, which is used for adaptive cruise control (ACC) and emergency braking. The warning is normal in heavy rain or snow or if the sensor (glass rectangle in the grill) is dirty, but if it comes on constantly when the sensor is clean you should get it serviced.

Edit: I just noticed that you're in reverse. Does the warning only come on in reverse, and are there any other warnings? If it's only in reverse, than I suspect it's for the parking sensors, not the ACC sensor. Try turning off the parking assist to see if the warning goes away.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Yeah, my G80's sensors rightly freaked out last week during the rain when I put it into reverse to back into my driveway. Turns out it was just water on all the sensors.

Last year when I was driving it in a thanksgiving snowstorm and the radar sensor (above the license plate in the center of the grille) got caked with snow it alarmed and disabled a whole bunch of the driver aides and collision avoidance systems. Was perfectly happy again when I stopped to clear it with a snow brush.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums