Anyone paint their G80 Sport brake calipers copper?

mdaecher

Registered Member
Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I think that would look sweet to complement the other copper accents. Wouldn't want to cover the Genesis lettering, but maybe color the rest.

Anyone know what it would cost to have this done?

GMonee16

Registered Member
Honolulu, HI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm looking into doing that, but have not been able to find caliper paint that matches. It seems like is more Rose Gold than copper. I will continue to look and see

mdaecher

Registered Member
Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I'm looking into doing that, but have not been able to find caliper paint that matches. It seems like is more Rose Gold than copper. I will continue to look and see
let me know if you find something. I'm interested for sure - think it. will make the copper accents stand out more

mgg

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Yes and if anyone does it I would love to see a picture. Have thought about painting mine red but never thought of painting them copper/rose.

mdaecher

Registered Member
Pennsylvania
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
well, after a pretty good search and calling a few shops, it seems that doing them in something close to the copper/rose is a pretty difficult task. Guess I won't be getting them done, or doing them myself. VHT has engine paints that are closer in color than their caliper paint, but the heat rating is 1/3 less than what they recommend for caliper paint.

G-966315

I painted mine Red, next all that fading fake copper is next. I'm goinng get the badging and rims Black on white wrap

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I was quoted $300 a set of 4 for "brass" color - though I never followed up to see what the color exactly was. This was RGX Wheel Repair, where I had work done before (another car).

Vandi G80 Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Royal Palm Beach, Fl.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I thought of copper, but wanted a bit more pop. The yellow calipers compliments the Polar Ice better. I paid $400 and I’m extremely happy with the job. The decals were done to OEM spec and locked in with a clear coat.

Attachments

• 2E143FF0-D41E-41AA-9487-3759895365AB.jpeg
    2E143FF0-D41E-41AA-9487-3759895365AB.jpeg
    386.6 KB · Views: 53

millemk

Registered Member
Minnesota
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Why is heat resistant paint even a consideration? If the brake caliper ever got hot enough to burn paint, then the fluid and internal seals are also cooked. I personally wouldn't be concerned, and would use normal paint.

GMonee16

Registered Member
Honolulu, HI
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Why is heat resistant paint even a consideration? If the brake caliper ever got hot enough to burn paint, then the fluid and internal seals are also cooked. I personally wouldn't be concerned, and would use normal paint.
You would, but won't, will you?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
DOT 3 boils at 284 DOT 5 boils at 356 degrees. Spray paint is good to about 250.

The typical generic "normal driving" temperature range for well balanced vehicle brakes is 100 to 200 degrees. A controlled mountain grade descent can produce brake temperatures between 200 and 400 degrees.

Track days could be higher.
Found this:
Do brake calipers need high temp paint?
it depends on the type of driving you do. for normal street driving you don't need high temp. i used the same paint that's on my car. if you do any kind of racing you will need high temp, especially road racing.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums