Anyone replace the steel brake lines on a Genesis?

Garbus

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello,

Due to the salty slushy winter climate of Atlantic Canada, the steel brake line going to the rear passenger side brake has rusted through and is gushing brake fluid. The failure point is just above where the steel line connects to the rubber line going to the caliper. I was looking around underneath to trace where the line goes and it looks like it might be a tricky job to replace as it runs above a lot of the rear suspension and frame, so I was wondering if anyone here has tackled this job themselves, or would it be better off in this case just to suck it up and have a shop replace the line?

Peteoutside

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Hello,

Due to the salty slushy winter climate of Atlantic Canada, the steel brake line going to the rear passenger side brake has rusted through and is gushing brake fluid. The failure point is just above where the steel line connects to the rubber line going to the caliper. I was looking around underneath to trace where the line goes and it looks like it might be a tricky job to replace as it runs above a lot of the rear suspension and frame, so I was wondering if anyone here has tackled this job themselves, or would it be better off in this case just to suck it up and have a shop replace the line?
The same line just blew up on me today. Did you tackle it yourself or did you get it done at a shop. If at a shop whats the price? Thank you

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums