• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone squeeze 295/30R20s in the rear?

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I keep thinking I want to run a wider wheel/tire at the rear, and was wondering if anyone’s squeezed a 295/30R20 on 20x10s in the rear? With Storm springs?

I’m trying to keep the same diameter as the fronts, where I’d like to run 255/35R20’s on a 20x9 rim, since I’ve got AWD and consensus online seems to be that you need to keep the difference in diameter front to rear under 1%...

I’ve seen others here running 285/30R20’s, but that’s 1.1%, and I’d like to not strain the AWD if possible... otherwise I might just give up and run square on the 20x9’s.

azollars

Hasn't posted much yet...
SF Bay Area, NorCAL
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Tried it with 20x10,40 offset in rear (not lowered) and it was a no go with anyone sitting in the back seat as it bottomed out frequently. I posted that in a separate thread. It was rubbing on inside liner at roughly 2 o'clock position when looking at driver side rear (10pm on passenger side rear). It may work with a larger offset (say 45 rear) but I already had purchased my wheels. Hope this helps.

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thanks for the note. Been trying to search threads here, but don't always come up with ones with the answers I'm looking for. :)

After much consideration, I'm thinking keeping the replacement wheels to 9" width and tires no more than 255, I should be OK and still get a good look on the car.

Now I just have to figure out if I really want 20" or want to be more conservative and stick with 19"...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums