Anyone used Amsoil ATF fluid?

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have not used the Amsoil transmission fluid, but if it is formulated to replace SP-IV RR fluid than I assume that it would work just fine. I personally do not use after-market multi-application transmission fluid. I usually just buy aftermarket fluid that works for one specific application like the OEM fluid in the transmission I am using.

Suburbazine

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Louisiana
Genesis Model Type
I've used Amsoil, Redline, Pentosin, etc... they all worked, whether or not they were better than standard ATF for the application was indeterminate.

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I did a while ago:

Husam

Registered Member
I did a while ago:

and how was your experience with it? any noticeable different from the OEM ATF?

Husam

Registered Member
I have not used the Amsoil transmission fluid, but if it is formulated to replace SP-IV RR fluid than I assume that it would work just fine. I personally do not use after-market multi-application transmission fluid. I usually just buy aftermarket fluid that works for one specific application like the OEM fluid in the transmission I am using.

Any specific ATF recommendations? which brands to you then recommend?

Husam

Registered Member
I've used Amsoil, Redline, Pentosin, etc... they all worked, whether or not they were better than standard ATF for the application was indeterminate.
The fact that Amsoil is of superior quality in their Signature Series line for Engine Oil, that made me look into their ATF fluid line. Thanks for sharing your experience. Any specific brand you recommend for ATF?

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
and how was your experience with it? any noticeable different from the OEM ATF?
No difference at all. Felt the same before and after (fuel economy, smoothness, shifts were all the same). Have put close to 30K kms after that and so far no issues.

carguy75

Registered Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Genesis Model Type
Any specific ATF recommendations? which brands to you then recommend?
I personally bought 8 quarts of Revenol SP-IV RR synthetic transmission fluid to do my fluid change in my 2015 5.0, but I did not use it yet. The safest brand to use would be the OEM fluid.

Ravenol fluids is used a lot in the BMW circles so I guess it would be fine in my Hyundai.
RAVENOL Transmission Fluids

unlock42

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
The fact that Amsoil is of superior quality in their Signature Series line for Engine Oil, that made me look into their ATF fluid line. Thanks for sharing your experience. Any specific brand you recommend for ATF?

I'm a long time Amsoil user and have used Amsoil ATF and engine oil in all of my vehicles for years now... It's the only stuff that I'll use and you're right the Amsoil Signature line is King.

I've spent years at the track and have sent in my oil samples from my cars to get it tested, so I can only speak from my own experience, but the proof is in the pudding and Amsoil pretty much mopped the floor based on my own efforts with testing it against other top well known brands.

The worst was Mobil 1.... not surprising at all...

Pennzoil actually performed extremely well for a retail mainstream brand... (all full synthetic of course...)

I'm very OCD and completely understand that everyone has their own quirks and rituals when it comes to their cars, I get it...

My quirk and ritual is that I like sticking to one brand of product, especially when it comes to oil (fluids) and to just stick with it. I just so happened to be sticking with Amsoil since I've spent the money to get it tested myself to satisfy my OCD to actually know the data...

To each their own... ;)

Husam

Registered Member
I'm a long time Amsoil user and have used Amsoil ATF and engine oil in all of my vehicles for years now... It's the only stuff that I'll use and you're right the Amsoil Signature line is King.

I've spent years at the track and have sent in my oil samples from my cars to get it tested, so I can only speak from my own experience, but the proof is in the pudding and Amsoil pretty much mopped the floor based on my own efforts with testing it against other top well known brands.

The worst was Mobil 1.... not surprising at all...

Pennzoil actually performed extremely well for a retail mainstream brand... (all full synthetic of course...)

I'm very OCD and completely understand that everyone has their own quirks and rituals when it comes to their cars, I get it...

My quirk and ritual is that I like sticking to one brand of product, especially when it comes to oil (fluids) and to just stick with it. I just so happened to be sticking with Amsoil since I've spent the money to get it tested myself to satisfy my OCD to actually know the data...

To each their own... ;)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts -- and I am happy you had/still have a good experience with Amsoil.

For ATF fluid, did you notice any difference and/or improvements in drivability while using Amsoil ATF?

unlock42

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Thank you for sharing your thoughts -- and I am happy you had/still have a good experience with Amsoil.

For ATF fluid, did you notice any difference and/or improvements in drivability while using Amsoil ATF?

It's hard to say as I didn't have any issues before changing it out, but it could be completely a placebo in that it just feels butter smooth when shifting through the gears. Also, on a recent 4 hour drive I did peak at 1mpg higher, but again...who knows... the wind could have been blowing just right that day. :)

What I can tell you for sure is that I am more confident with knowing that the blood type is Amsoil, based off of hard data that I spent money on to test the oil back in the day...that was enough to convince me (scientifically) on which oil is really the king of the Jungle, therefore, for that reason alone I sleep 0.01% better at night knowing that I'm using the best of the best. - Hence, there's no reason for me to doubt their ATF one bit...

Husam

Registered Member
Hi everyone,

Anyone used Amsoil ATF fluid here? What's your experience with it? They make one that meets SP-IV-RR specs.

[/URL][/URL][/URL]

Let me know.

Thank you,
Husam
Gents,

I actually ended up using OEM ATF fluid in this transmission with 3 consecutive drain and fills.

The issue I had earlier was a hard shift, or I could call it uneasy shift, from 4th to 5th gear.

After 3 drains and fills, issue still persists.

It only happens while on Normal driving mode with 1/2 or 1/3 throttle.

I am suspecting a shift solenoid here that opens and closes quicker than it should. I may be wrong.

Thinking to use Lubegard Red, a Transmission Additive that could smoothen the shifts.

Your thoughts please....

G-727679

Gents,

I actually ended up using OEM ATF fluid in this transmission with 3 consecutive drain and fills.

The issue I had earlier was a hard shift, or I could call it uneasy shift, from 4th to 5th gear.

After 3 drains and fills, issue still persists.

It only happens while on Normal driving mode with 1/2 or 1/3 throttle.

I am suspecting a shift solenoid here that opens and closes quicker than it should. I may be wrong.

Thinking to use Lubegard Red, a Transmission Additive that could smoothen the shifts.

Your thoughts please....
I have this same problem. Added some Lucas slip fix. Made slight diff but still an issue.

Husam

Registered Member
I have this same problem. Added some Lucas slip fix. Made slight diff but still an issue.
I asked the dealership to order a shift solenoid and I'll replace it next week inside the transmission. I'll keep you posted.

Husam

Registered Member
@Husam did the shift solenoid solve the issue?
No it didn't.

I replaced rear diff, all Transmission solenoids; flushed the ATF 3 or 4 times, replaced wiring harness b/w valve body and TCM; reset adaptive values and did a gear adaptation or re-learn.

Issue persists; and I still have hard shift from 4th to 5th gear while ATF is not so hot and it is still noticeable when ATF warms up. Then added Lubegard Instant Shudder Fixx but did not help.

What do you guys recommend? is it a Torque Converter issue? Are the clutch bands wearing out? Should I consider Lucas Transmission Fix to stop slip or improve the grip between the clutches? or am i looking at replacing the full transmission assembly?

Thanks,
Husam

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums