• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Anyone with a 2nd Gen 5.0 Sedan and Michelin Super Sports?

Sarge101st

Registered Member
Sarasota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Was considering a tire replacement soon and was leaning towards all season Michelin's but would jump on the Super Sports if the ride quality wasn't too bad. Anyone run Super Sports on the 5.0 and if so what were your thoughts versus the Continental ProContact shoes that are on the car now?

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Was considering a tire replacement soon and was leaning towards all season Michelin's but would jump on the Super Sports if the ride quality wasn't too bad. Anyone run Super Sports on the 5.0 and if so what were your thoughts versus the Continental ProContact shoes that are on the car now?
I have MichelinPS4s and theyre the best tire iv ever owned.. honestly from almost everything i hav read and heard you will never be dissatisfied with any michelinhigher end products.

Sarge101st

Registered Member
Sarasota
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I was seeing reviews on the P4's versus the Super Sports. Did you have all seasons on the Genesis before? What is the ride quality and sound difference like? Is the drop in comfort and more noise worth the grip and performance?

Cali Gen

Registered Member
Bay Area, California
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I was seeing reviews on the P4's versus the Super Sports. Did you have all seasons on the Genesis before? What is the ride quality and sound difference like? Is the drop in comfort and more noise worth the grip and performance?
Yes 200 % as I have stated before tires are the only thing that keep you on the road why would you ever skimp on your life is how I see it. Ultra high summer performance tires like ps4s also excell in wet weather as well just a not the best in snow wo set your mind at ease if you're worried about rain.

And going to be honest it was a gain in comfort and these tires are quiet as shit for what they are.

Simply put I dont have to worry about snow and after owning these tires I realized that bang for your buck tires although easier on your pocket are literally nothing compared to when you are buying a higher end performance tire. I'll never go back the increase in control and road feel to me is worth the price ten fold

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums