• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

AP G90 First Drive

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD

As mentioned in other threads, Genesis really needs to offer the Supercharged 48V for the NA market.

Maybe they'll do so at a later date, but don't understand why they aren't offering that engine in the SWB in Korea but tuned more for fuel economy (figure most G90s in Korea are driven mostly in stop & go traffic in the 3 major metro areas).

Backslack

Registered Member
Considering the outgoing G90 was offered with the ancient 3.8 NA V6 in South Korea, which is the most popular engine choice, I guess most buyers of the car in the domestic market just don't care for power.

Another unusual omission is that the 21-inch wheels in all the spyshots aren't on any of the ads or test vehicles that were driven at Charlie's event. I'm betting that this is the SWB model with the supercharged MHEV V6 that's yet to be announced.

DSC04685.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Royalist

Registered Member
Russell Twp., OH
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Yeah it looks awesome, can't wait to get mine! As far as V8, yeah they'll never make one again. I'm not aware of any new V8 that has been produced recently by any brand minus high performance models.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
Motorgraph review -

In terms of ride comfort, somewhere between the S Class and 7 Series, but closer to the 7.

Reviewer also says the hip point is (not surprisingly) more like the BMW, but wishes it had a lower hip point like the Mercedes.

Another unusual omission is that the 21-inch wheels in all the spyshots aren't on any of the ads or test vehicles that were driven at Charlie's event. I'm betting that this is the SWB model with the supercharged MHEV V6 that's yet to be announced.

View attachment 42690

Think you're on to something (no mention/view of those wheels in the Motorgraph review as well)...

Backslack

Registered Member
Think you're on to something (no mention/view of those wheels in the Motorgraph review as well)...
The Motorgraph review mentions another version of the G90 coming later this year with the two lidar sensors mounted on the grille for Level 3 autonomy. I would again bet big bucks that Genesis is saving the 21 inch wheels and MHEV V6 for that version as the definitive G90.

YEH

Registered Member
NYC/MD
A lengthy, but in depth review of features (in Korean w/ subs), including the automatic doors.

Reviewer says the G90 is the best car when it comes to riding over speed bumps.

The KDM is loaded with tech such as a speaker in the driver's headrest for verbal alerts/communication.

This is the first Genesis flagship where don't think you'll feel like you're missing anything, except for more power (reviewer, not surprisingly, wanted more power), which likely is coming in either the supercharged 48V variant of the 3.5TT, the electric variant or both.

Last edited:

Backslack

Registered Member
I'm not taking much stock from what Korean reviewers say about suspension because it'll be tuned completely different for the U.S. market.

Also, it seems the Lidar will be equipped on G90's starting in the fourth quarter, which means the next model year. That will probably also be when the 21 inch wheels and SWB MHEV V6 make their debut.