Apple car insurance play on 2017

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Sorry to say, but you are out of luck. I have the 2017 G80 with the 9.2 inch HD screen - the jog wheel. AA/CP is not available for this configuration.

YMMV, but I don't mind in that I also have the Head Up Display, which shows the navigation prompts from the car's own maps. That is much more preferable to me than looking at the center screen.

Do you have the HUD?

Portiawebster

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
Y
Sorry to say, but you are out of luck. I have the 2017 G80 with the 9.2 inch HD screen - the jog wheel. AA/CP is not available for this configuration.

YMMV, but I don't mind in that I also have the Head Up Display, which shows the navigation prompts from the car's own maps. That is much more preferable to me than looking at the center screen.

Do you have the HUD?

Yes. I have HUD but also want to text from my car.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
You have the text - the car will read you any text you receive - there is a menu choice somewhere in the settings. It also contains several texts you can send in response (by voice or by tap). Those messages are customizeable. Poke around in the settings and you will find it.

Or do you mean a new text FROM the car? There would need to be voice recognition in the car which can then send a text thru your phone. That doesn't exist, but I am sure your phone has that ability I can't help you there as I use Android - All I say is "OK Google, text my wife that I will be home right on time with the groceries" ------------ or whatever. Apple must have something similar?

Portiawebster

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
You have the text - the car will read you any text you receive - there is a menu choice somewhere in the settings. It also contains several texts you can send in response (by voice or by tap). Those messages are customizeable. Poke around in the settings and you will find it.

Or do you mean a new text FROM the car? There would need to be voice recognition in the car which can then send a text thru your phone. That doesn't exist, but I am sure your phone has that ability I can't help you there as I use Android - All I say is "OK Google, text my wife that I will be home right on time with the groceries" ------------ or whatever. Apple must have something similar?
That is extremely helpful!! I will continue to look for the text function/option.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
It should be pretty easy especially if your iPhone is connected via Bluetooth. If you can talk to Siri by pressing the side button (turn this on in phone settings) you can do the same with a long press on the voice button on your steering wheel. Once Siri beeps back just say “read my texts” or “send a text to whatever name” or just “tell whatever name I am running late”
This uses Apple Eyes Free which is an extension of Apple's Siri functionality for enabling voice control of an iOS mobile device that is linked with a car's in-dash audio system. With Siri Eyes Free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands in order to operate the mobile device as well as the car's sound or in-vehicle infotainment system.

Portiawebster

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Ultimate
It should be pretty easy especially if your iPhone is connected via Bluetooth. If you can talk to Siri by pressing the side button (turn this on in phone settings) you can do the same with a long press on the voice button on your steering wheel. Once Siri beeps back just say “read my texts” or “send a text to whatever name” or just “tell whatever name I am running late”
This uses Apple Eyes Free which is an extension of Apple's Siri functionality for enabling voice control of an iOS mobile device that is linked with a car's in-dash audio system. With Siri Eyes Free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands in order to operate the mobile device as well as the car's sound or in-vehicle infotainment system.
Awesome!! Thank you very much.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
The car doesn’t. Your phone does. Set a notification tone. imwear an Apple Watch that vibrates
My 2015 with the jog wheel notifies me of an incoming text on the dash display - then you can choose to have it read it back.

skipgen

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I updated the maps yesterday. What other updates are available?
The site will give you a run down of "what's new"...

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums