• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Apple car play

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Google Maps and Waze are on the list for compatibility. iOS 12 doesn't officially release till Monday, so I'll let you know then.

dudmleh522

Getting familiar with the group...
Google Maps and Waze are on the list for compatibility. iOS 12 doesn't officially release till Monday, so I'll let you know then.
I was iOS 12 beta tester and last night they released golden master release. Which is the final version of ios 12 that will be releasing next week. As of right now Waze and Google maps do not work with Apple car play

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

dudmleh522

so first you say it will work, then you say it doesn't work..

I'm cornfused.
What I am saying is with me ios 12 rolling out. Waze and Google map will be compatible with Apple car play I am assuming those apps had to be updated also. But as of right now Waze and Google map didn't get the new update so with ios12 installed it still doesn't work with Apple car play

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

dudmleh522

the apps with likely need an update before they work, that is how Pandora was initially, it did not work in Carplay, then Pandora updated their app. . Same with Amazon Music, 2 months ago it didn't work, the last update and I noticed it popped up on my Carplay screen.
Ya so soon asios 12 release to public next week. Waze and Google map apps should be rolling out with their updates

REMIX

Registered Member
Sarasota & Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
The newest Waze beta works with it apparently. I'm in the beta program but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. No idea when they'll release the Waze update for iOS 12...be nice if it happened today!

dudmleh522

The newest Waze beta works with it apparently. I'm in the beta program but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. No idea when they'll release the Waze update for iOS 12...be nice if it happened today!
Please let us know!!

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
Looks like we'll have to wait for Google to get around to update Google Maps and Waze. Did the update last night, but doesn't appear in my CarPlay menu yet:(

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Last edited:

dudmleh522

Google map just pushed out the update for car play. It's official. However Waze hasn't yet except beta version
9F7EBD63-A306-4BAA-9501-6F85B855D00B.png

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport