Apple car play

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Google Maps and Waze are on the list for compatibility. iOS 12 doesn't officially release till Monday, so I'll let you know then.

dudmleh522

Getting familiar with the group...
Google Maps and Waze are on the list for compatibility. iOS 12 doesn't officially release till Monday, so I'll let you know then.
I was iOS 12 beta tester and last night they released golden master release. Which is the final version of ios 12 that will be releasing next week. As of right now Waze and Google maps do not work with Apple car play

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
To all Apple users out there. With new ios12 releasing Waze and Google map will be able to work in Apple car play.
I was iOS 12 beta tester and last night they released golden master release. Which is the final version of ios 12 that will be releasing next week. As of right now Waze and Google maps do not work with Apple car play

so first you say it will work, then you say it doesn't work..

I'm cornfused.

dudmleh522

so first you say it will work, then you say it doesn't work..

I'm cornfused.
What I am saying is with me ios 12 rolling out. Waze and Google map will be compatible with Apple car play I am assuming those apps had to be updated also. But as of right now Waze and Google map didn't get the new update so with ios12 installed it still doesn't work with Apple car play

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What I am saying is with me ios 12 rolling out. Waze and Google map will be compatible with Apple car play I am assuming those apps had to be updated also. But as of right now Waze and Google map didn't get the new update so with ios12 installed it still doesn't work with Apple car play

the apps with likely need an update before they work, that is how Pandora was initially, it did not work in Carplay, then Pandora updated their app. . Same with Amazon Music, 2 months ago it didn't work, the last update and I noticed it popped up on my Carplay screen.

dudmleh522

the apps with likely need an update before they work, that is how Pandora was initially, it did not work in Carplay, then Pandora updated their app. . Same with Amazon Music, 2 months ago it didn't work, the last update and I noticed it popped up on my Carplay screen.
Ya so soon asios 12 release to public next week. Waze and Google map apps should be rolling out with their updates

REMIX

Registered Member
Sarasota & Jacksonville, FL
Genesis Model Type
The newest Waze beta works with it apparently. I'm in the beta program but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. No idea when they'll release the Waze update for iOS 12...be nice if it happened today!

dudmleh522

The newest Waze beta works with it apparently. I'm in the beta program but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. No idea when they'll release the Waze update for iOS 12...be nice if it happened today!
Please let us know!!

snork

Registered Member
North NJ
Genesis Model Type
Looks like we'll have to wait for Google to get around to update Google Maps and Waze. Did the update last night, but doesn't appear in my CarPlay menu yet:(

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Looks like we'll have to wait for Google to get around to update Google Maps and Waze. Did the update last night, but doesn't appear in my CarPlay menu yet:(

Yeah the articles I read say the beta versions work, you have to be a beta tester for them, and production releases are schedule for second week of October.

Last edited:

dudmleh522

Google map just pushed out the update for car play. It's official. However Waze hasn't yet except beta version
9F7EBD63-A306-4BAA-9501-6F85B855D00B.png

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
google maps is live now, but your right waze is not working yet.
waze updated 2 days ago, works fine for me.

however.

the GUI for both Google and Waze sucks IMO. you can't use the jog dial to zoom in and out, you have to select the zoom in or zoom out icon press the dial, not twist the dial and the re-center is horrible on both, it doesn't put the vehicle icon in the center of the map but in the lower left corner and it is zoomed in to close and you can't zoom it out, if you do it is no longer tracking you. and it zooms back in once you exit the zoom function.

I'll stick with apple maps. Not impressed at all with the google or waze rollout. and two of my co-workers with other make/model cars with carplay have the same complaint, so it isn't Genesis/Hyundai it is google on carplay that is the issue.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.