• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Genesis owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Are Prestige still rare?

pgreenwood

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Are GV80 Prestige still rare across dealers? I see used CPO GV80 retailing for $70k+ across websites. I know they were hard to get by early 2021-

I'm considering letting go of my Ultramarine Blue with Sand dune interior Prestige (2021) with around 9,000 miles (hwy miles) - and was simply curious if the vehicles were actually selling at these prices. Here in the Northeast, the dealers don't seem particularly interested by my car.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Are GV80 Prestige still rare across dealers? I see used CPO GV80 retailing for $70k+ across websites. I know they were hard to get by early 2021-

I'm considering letting go of my Ultramarine Blue with Sand dune interior Prestige (2021) with around 9,000 miles (hwy miles) - and was simply curious if the vehicles were actually selling at these prices. Here in the Northeast, the dealers don't seem particularly interested by my car.
The 21 G80 3.5 Prestige were virtually non existent in the Chicago area this year. Could've picked 1 up with awd for $63544 with incentives in Jan. By Mar, all gone here. Sticker everywhere else.

redneck

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
not many in florida they are still asking 2 k over msrp

bill davis

Registered Member
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV70
has anyone seen the 2022 g80 sport at all ??? by the time they are out 2023 will be ready

m0pher

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80

Why are you looking to let it go?

pgreenwood

Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Why are you looking to let it go?
Nothing to do with the car, I love it. But I'm being relocated with work and won't be able to use the car for the next year.

koala

Registered Member
Calgary, AB
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Nothing to do with the car, I love it. But I'm being relocated with work and won't be able to use the car for the next year.

If you can come out ahead with the crazy used car market right now, why not? They make more vehicles every day and this vehicle is very replaceable.

The only potential risk is whether or not the real 20% inflation rate is going to be a big factor in new vehicle prices going forward.

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
If you can come out ahead with the crazy used car market right now, why not? They make more vehicles every day and this vehicle is very replaceable.

The only potential risk is whether or not the real 20% inflation rate is going to be a big factor in new vehicle prices going forward.
Unless there is a dealer markup, I don't think new car prices are going through the roof. On a side note, using the familiar used car value sites, my 20 G80 Sport awd 7500 miles depreciated only 6-7% in 22 months. Unheard of for a car in this category.

koala

Registered Member
Calgary, AB
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis GV80
Unless there is a dealer markup, I don't think new car prices are going through the roof. On a side note, using the familiar used car value sites, my 20 G80 Sport awd 7500 miles depreciated only 6-7% in 22 months. Unheard of for a car in this category.

I tend to agree. I doubt vehicles are going to increase significantly in cost as the market is simply too competitive. Was just throwing the thought out there as it's no different than speculating on the stock market :)

Trixie86

Registered Member
Chicago, Il
Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I tend to agree. I doubt vehicles are going to increase significantly in cost as the market is simply too competitive. Was just throwing the thought out there as it's no different than speculating on the stock market :)
Lol, my portfolio is underwater this year so far...🙄

Looking to update and upgrade your Genesis luxury sport automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!