Arizona Lemon Law

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Do you know in Arizona "The lemon law does not cover lessees unless the lease language contains a provision stating that the Lemon Law applies and not the UCC, in which case the lessee shall be deemed the consumer of the motor vehicle"

Genesis will not honor a lemon law for leases in Arizona, no matter how unsafe a car might be unless the lease agreement says they will honor the lemon law

ogogolby

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I own an 018 5.0 Ultimate with 6K miles and 7 visits to dealerships for unresolved issues with window wind leaks and suspension/front end problems. Am filing a 93(A) Massachusetts consumer protection demand letter for full compensation. Will post results on this site.

RCH04

Registered Member
Illinois
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
I recall reading somewhere that Consumer Reports recently dropped the G90 from their "Recommended" list due to a drop in reliability. Are these examples? The good news is that it's not unusual for a model to go back on this list when improvements are made.

ogogolby

Hasn't posted much yet...
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Boston
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
I recall reading somewhere that Consumer Reports recently dropped the G90 from their "Recommended" list due to a drop in reliability. Are these examples? The good news is that it's not unusual for a model to go back on this list when improvements are made.
Genesis corporate had been very helpful in getting Boston & Florida dealerships to repair but are now stating wind noise coming from turbulence from driver's side exterior mirror. Utter bull! Gave my G80 to my wife and it's a better vehicle while not as opulent.

Gene2

Been here awhile...
Glendale,AZ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
In some states a lemon law may apply for something like wind noise, look up your own state law.
In Arizona there is no lemon law on a leased vehicle unless the lease states the manufacturer
will honor the lease law for that State.
Doesn't matter if a new car has it's air bags or brakes go out, every time you drive it on a trip
or just around town. As long as the manufacturer can fix or reset the code every time it happens.
Legally Genesis is not required to tell you about the lemon law or honor that law when you
lease the car. So in Arizona and many other States they only follow the law. There are no moral or
ethical considerations binding on a manufacturer like Genesis
Other luxury vehicle manufacturers may feel different about a safety issue but not Genesis