• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ARK GT-F Springs Installed

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was worried as with any mod I do but they are perfect for me! Exactly the way I wanted.

1st Before
2nd on After

Attachments

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Truck Norris

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
This looks great! Exactly how I would like my car to look and how it should have come stock almost. Are you in an area with bad winters? My only reason for holding out on this (besides $$$) would be do I want the small "penalty" with having a lower ground clearance in the winter compared to all the benefits (performance & visual).

Anyone lowered their G70 slightly in the northern US or Canada? Thinking with the sloped front end adding some clearance and the already generous ground clearance it should be fine.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks, I'm in southern Delaware on the coast and really dont get harsh winters. 1 inch didnt concern me as will bot drive it in snow unless on road trip.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Were the springs fully settled in those pics? Did u do the install or a shop? If the latter, may I ask what they charged for the labor?

I'm planning some custom wheels and have been looking at those springs, but may need to go a little bit lower.

Thanks!

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Were the springs fully settled in those pics? Did u do the install or a shop? If the latter, may I ask what they charged for the labor?

I'm planning some custom wheels and have been looking at those springs, but may need to go a little bit lower.

Thanks!
The day after install and I installed myself. Really not that hard, just took my time. I was nervous though never doing it before much less on my new 50k car.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm, I installed springs on some of my previous cars, but this one seems finicky with the adaptive b.s. I'd hate to mess up a sensor or something.

Did you use spring compressors or just carefully remove the control arms, etc.?

Is there a procedure somewhere to help with the removal/install?

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hmmm, I installed springs on some of my previous cars, but this one seems finicky with the adaptive b.s. I'd hate to mess up a sensor or something.

Did you use spring compressors or just carefully remove the control arms, etc.?

Is there a procedure somewhere to help with the removal/install?
Yes spring compressor but fixed end.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just so everyone knows, I contacted ARK about their springs. They told me what the spring rates are, though they're unsure of what the OEM rates are.

Our spring rates for the GT-F are:
3.2 kg/mm Front
4.9-5.8 kg/mm Rear

I do not know what the oem spring rate is, but I can ask our suspension engineers in Korea.
If I hear back about the OEM rates I'll post it here.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yes spring compressor but fixed end.

Can you provide a link showing which spring compressor you used? I'm pondering tackling this project, and my spring compressor is the more typical style. I just installed my ATQ subframe collars, and discovered that I may need an alignment check, so I figured I might just get some lowering springs and make the alignment actually worth it. :LOL:

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums