ARK GT-F Springs Installed

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Can you provide a link showing which spring compressor you used? I'm pondering tackling this project, and my spring compressor is the more typical style. I just installed my ATQ subframe collars, and discovered that I may need an alignment check, so I figured I might just get some lowering springs and make the alignment actually worth it. :LOL:

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Be careful using these. My buddy used those, from ebay purchased, to change spings in his acura mdx and one of the compressors broke. Thankfully no one was injured.
I think they are perfect for our application. Barely compress the springs . Worked fine for me and you cant position 180 degrees apart.

Cgo

Registered Member
Genesis G70
I think they are perfect for our application. Barely compress the springs . Worked fine for me and you cant position 180 degrees apart.
How did you position them?

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
How did you position them?
Once you Jack it up and take the wheel off, one one each side as close to 180 as possible

tumtum

Registered Member
Genesis G70

johnny3fingers

Registered Member
North Wales, Pensyltuckey
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Guessing springs are settled now. Arks posted drop specs seem accurate to you?

I wasnt going to drop my car (2016 v6 sedan) but the specs for my car my don't look overly aggressive. Basically going to close the gap slightly, provided below is accurate.

VEHICLE APPLICATION
Make / ModelFits: 15-16 Genesis Sedan 3.8L and 5.0L
PERFORMANCE SPRINGS INFORMATION
Front DropEstimated: 0.50 Inch (V6) / .75 Inch (V8)
Rear DropEstimated: 0.75 Inch (v6) / 1 Inch (V8)

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Do you still clear parking curbs just fine and do you have any problems with scraping? Also, did you notice reduced body roll when taking corners? I know when I do canyon runs the body roll is horrible. The car looks great though.
No problem with curbs yet. No scraping (it's only 1 " lower). Yes a little stiffer and slight roll reduction. I dont do canyon runs. Basically just wanted to drop it slightly. The small improvement in handling was a bonus.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Genesis G70
I want to call the ARK springs the GTFO springs. I mean, they're only one vowel away from it anyway...

surprisinguy

Registered Member
NC
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Looks nice! I's amazing what a difference a drop makes on these cars

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Pic with 235s on front and 265 on rear NO 5mm spacers. I liked the look with the spacers but not enough hub.

Attachments

Genesisderrick

Registered Member
Genesis G70
Pic with 235s on front and 265 on rear NO 5mm spacers. I liked the look with the spacers but not enough hub.
LOOKS GOOD, I AM HAVING THE GTF INSTALLED TOMORROW, I ALREADY HAVE 20 MM SPACERS ALL THE WAY AROUND.

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis G70
LOOKS GOOD, I AM HAVING THE GTF INSTALLED TOMORROW, I ALREADY HAVE 20 MM SPACERS ALL THE WAY AROUND.
Sweet. I would like to see with the 20mm spacers

MG8

Proud owner of two Genesis vehicles
San Francisco/Las Vegas
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
spacers look good , but honestly not digging what he did to his headlights.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums