Ark springs, velgen wheels and oem foglight installed.

Tchan1982

Hasn't posted much yet...
Thread starter #1
Hello everyone,
Got my 2015 Genesis Ultimate back in Feb, added 20% tint, ARK GT-S springs and OEM LED foglight, Velgen VMB6 20 inch wheels in gunmetal with michelin as3 plus. The fronts do rub but switching to conti 245 instead or else will have to purchase gt-f springs.

Click image for larger version.

Name: pic1.jpg
Views: 18
Size: 175.0 KB
ID: 13163Click image for larger version.

Name: pic2.jpg
Views: 15
Size: 169.4 KB
ID: 13164Click image for larger version.

Name: pic3.jpg
Views: 9
Size: 192.7 KB
ID: 13165Click image for larger version.

Name: pic6.jpg
Views: 14
Size: 119.6 KB
ID: 13166Click image for larger version.

Name: pic4.jpg
Views: 10
Size: 136.0 KB
ID: 13167Click image for larger version.

Name: pic5.jpg
Views: 13
Size: 124.8 KB
ID: 13168

Tchan1982

Thread starter #6
Hi Dareckibmw, you and huddleston inspired me to go with Velgen wheels. When i was trying to purchase they said the VMB5 was on back oredered and same with VMB7 and only set they have left was the VMB6. Can't wait to see how the wheels look on your car. Since you have the GT-F springs on the 5.0, curious if you have any rubbing issue on dips and bumps? Think I mention in another thread, hoping the change in tire and size would minimize the rubbing.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hi Dareckibmw, you and huddleston inspired me to go with Velgen wheels. When i was trying to purchase they said the VMB5 was on back oredered and same with VMB7 and only set they have left was the VMB6. Can't wait to see how the wheels look on your car. Since you have the GT-F springs on the 5.0, curious if you have any rubbing issue on dips and bumps? Think I mention in another thread, hoping the change in tire and size would minimize the rubbing.
The GT-F springs are perfect and I don't have any rubbing issue at all. Getting on/off the driveways was pain in my a** on GT-S's. I'm glad I sent them back.

Tchan1982

Thread starter #8
You had the test springs correct? hmm wondering if they would atleast exchange mine for GT-F. As of now, Discounttire is letting me exchange my Michelins 255 to Conti 245, hoping this would work since one member Fedtime i think has this set up and he mention no rubbing. If that doesnt work then I will need to purchase the GT-F and try to exchange or sell my GT-S springs.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I only paid for the shipping since they put incorrect info on their website about the drop, it suppose to be ~1.2 inch and actual drop was 1.75 inch and front wheels were rubbing like hell. Yes, they corrected that info but we already took some screenshots for proof and we said we will use it against them.

btw. I let my wife deal with them :grinlaugh:

I'd rather get new springs and be done with it. I still think GT-S springs are too short and they're dangerous to drive on.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Oh nice, were they not friendly about the exchange? I prob need a good reason but not sure if they will accept it lol.
They changed their game after she called and then sent them a letter. At least we had a good reason to get money back. Wish you luck, though.

Last edited:

Tchan1982

Thread starter #12
No exchanges after its installed, just went ahead and purchased the GT-F springs in case tires still rubs after switching sizes.

lykbutta

Registered Member
Yea. With my 2013 Genesis I was always about getting low, however once those started sagging it was a pain in my ass. I did some homework this time around and Darecks pics he posted of how he went from GTS to GTF really sealed the deal. The one inch drop is really impressive. I firmly believe my rubbing issues are due to the 255/35 and 275/35. It’s not a huge deal for me because I’ve always taken it pretty easy on the car and one or two small rubs here and there I can deal with. I reallllly love the BF Goodrich Comp a2’s also. Great tire and impressive look.

Tchan1982

Thread starter #16
I called and asked discounttire to order some blacks ones and to switch them out, not sure why they dont ask you what color you want when they placed the order. Smh, have to go back and get them put on.

AcerOne

Hey Dareck,

Any issues with the spring installation? I have my GT-Fs in the truck awaiting to be put in. Is it just a basic in and out type install? Or are there any headaches to be aware of?

Much appreciated and your Genny looks amazing.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Hey Dareck,

Any issues with the spring installation? I have my GT-Fs in the truck awaiting to be put in. Is it just a basic in and out type install? Or are there any headaches to be aware of?

Much appreciated and your Genny looks amazing.
Thanks!

I've had the shop installed them for me, as far as I know there wasn't any issues. I stayed with them all time and if there were any problems, they would tell me right away.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.