Around view camera

mageeee@aol.com

Hasn't posted much yet...
Hi. Unfortunately had my g90 totalled in a car accident and decided to go a tad smaller with a 2018 g80 5.0 htrac. I definitely miss some of the features of my g90 but the g80 drives great. I find the infotainment system takes a long time to load when I start the car and when I push the surround view camera button it says processing for a quick second before it turns on. I just want to make sure this is normal for the g80 bc my g90 didn't do this. I got the car last night so if not I want to speak with dealer immediately. Thanks so much.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi. Unfortunately had my g90 totalled in a car accident and decided to go a tad smaller with a 2018 g80 5.0 htrac. I definitely miss some of the features of my g90 but the g80 drives great. I find the infotainment system takes a long time to load when I start the car and when I push the surround view camera button it says processing for a quick second before it turns on. I just want to make sure this is normal for the g80 bc my g90 didn't do this. I got the car last night so if not I want to speak with dealer immediately. Thanks so much.
Does not seem right. My 2015 and 2018 both had pretty much instant camera. I've never seen it say "processing" Does it come on right away if you shift to R?

Never had more than about 10 seconds for the radio either.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
mine takes a good minute or longer to load since I did the 12.5 update. but putting it in reverse the cameras come on instantly.

mageeee@aol.com

Hasn't posted much yet...
Does not seem right. My 2015 and 2018 both had pretty much instant camera. I've never seen it say "processing" Does it come on right away if you shift to R?

Never had more than about 10 seconds for the radio either.
It says preparing for a brief second even when I put in reverse.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It says preparing for a brief second even when I put in reverse.
Have it checked. I've had three Hyundai/Genesis cars and never saw a delay like that. I know other brands had problems with delays, but no reason you should.

BillN

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Agree with EdP, have it checked. Like you, I also have an 18 5.0 HTrac and there is essentially no delay.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.