FOR SALE: As New VR Tuned G70 2.0T Tuner Box Kit +60hp $560 CAD ($420USD)

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis G70
I am selling my VR Tuned (Vivid Racing) tuner box kit for the Genesis G70 and Kia Stinger 2.0T. This kit is super easy to install - it took me about 30 minutes and I am not an expert. The power gains are noticeable immediately, and with 7 maps to choose from you can select how much extra power you want. With this box installed your G70 or Stinger will feel like it should have from the factory. Up to a 60hp gain is available with this tuner, taking you well over 300hp.

The tuner kit can be removed in minutes and is not detectable by the dealer once removed. It does not cause any reflash or memory with the ECU.

The added bonus is that I've seen a consistent ~20%+ improvement in fuel economy during my city commute. I was not expecting that given the extra power boost.

Only used for ~1 month so it is in excellent condition. Originally costs $700 USD plus shipping - so that is ~$1000 CAD! Comes with harness, box, zip ties, and instructions. Once installed, it looks clean and does not detract at all from the engine bay layout.

I am asking $560 CAD (~$420USD) - please reply or call me for more info!

From VR Tune website:

VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box Kit V2 Genesis G70 2.0 T-GDi 250bhp 2017-2020

Get your Genesis G70 2.0 T-GDi tuned with the Version 2 tuning box kit from VR Tuned. The tuning box kit is a plug and play solution to boost your vehicles performance up like an ECU flash, but without affecting your warranty. The VR Tuned ECU Tuning Box Kit gives your Genesis G70 2.0 T-GDi a gain in power from 250bhp to 310bhp!

Features:

Made in Germany

Plug and Play for easy install and removal

No detection by dealer when removed

Up to 7 different maps for easy programming

Includes bypass plug to run as stock

Does not lock to vehicle or VIN

Harness has OEM style connectors, no splicing or cutting

Tuning Box features a weatherproof case

Digital Microprocessor Controlled

Proven power gains tested on 93oct/98ron.

Designed for forced induction vehicles only

Tuning box cannot eliminate CELs caused by modification or removal of emissions control devices such as catalytic converters.

Attachments

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis G70
^ hey there, i am going in a different direction for mods. got my eye on some other goodies. i have no good reason, just indecision and COVID boredom i guess. damn internet. let me know if you're interested.

i liked the VR Tuned box for how it had 3 sensor connections, not just 2 like other tuner boxes. the VR box accounts for MAP, TMAP (like other boxes) as well as camshaft sensor. the extra sensor added ~2 minutes ro less to the install since the camshaft sensor is within a few inches of the MAP sensor annyways.

also, the quick adjustments between map setting with a visual display was great. i used maps 3-5 most often, and the difference was noticeable right away.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis G70
i ran it both ways. on stock plugs and with the NGK plugs. to be honest i didn't really notice any discernible difference. a couple other guys have gone back to stock plugs as long as they are not trying to use the aggressive maps. if you stick to the mild to moderate maps - which is what most people do - you should be fine on stock plugs. remember, you need to do other things to be able to run the higher maps with the VR box, or any other box

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums