• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

ATQ Subframe Collars introductory sale

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On Facebook I came across ATQ having an introductory sale on for subframe collars for the G70. I contracted them about the duration, and they said that they have introductory sales typically for the first 20 instances of a new product that they introduce, and it generally takes about a week to sell out completely. The price right now is $165 as opposed to full price of $215.

They state the following:

• 10piece Aluminum Subframe Collars
  • 4 Custom Machined OEM Grade 10 Subframe Bolts
  • Improves Handling
  • Allievates Rear End Wheel Skip & Shimmy Over Rough Terrain
  • Helps With Launching The Vehicle Straight
  • Improved Steering Response
I had subframe collars on my Maxima previously and they did make a very noticeable difference for me, the main benefit being less "crashing" of the suspension over bumps on the road, as well as increased cornering capabilities. With the G70 chassis already being so tight I'm not sure how much difference these will make, but I ordered myself a set to try out.

Addicted To Quality :: ATQ Automotive Products

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
B
Nice find! Interested to see what you think after installing them.
Between these and the Racechip that I bought used last weekend I'll have some "hopefully" fun install projects coming up within the next few weeks once I get a free day to work on them.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ok...WTF are these? Never heard of them.
They are basically like a machined washer that surrounds the outside of the bolts on the chassis of the car. They serve to tighten up the chassis and allow the suspension to work more effectively. From the factory the bolts tend to be able to move around a little bit, this removes that little bit of play that's present.

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
They are basically like a machined washer that surrounds the outside of the bolts on the chassis of the car. They serve to tighten up the chassis and allow the suspension to work more effectively. From the factory the bolts tend to be able to move around a little bit, this removes that little bit of play that's present.
200 bucks for some washers and bolts? Jesus...capitalism is alive and thriving.

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
200 bucks for some washers and bolts? Jesus...capitalism is alive and thriving.

I don't blame you for questioning the price. They aren't cheap! I believe part of the justification is that the washer/collars are machined to very precise tolerances. It holds portions of the suspension components in more effectively by removing most of the play, in a similar way that polyurethane bushings do in some applications, providing more true to spec suspension articulation.

I've seen products like these in the past for other cars, and some people say they make a noticeable difference. I've never tried them myself, though.

Either way, if interested, then right now would be the time to buy considering the sale!

Throat Yogurt

6MT Mafia
SUPPORTING MEMBER
I'm right here.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

trdehmer

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had the subframe collars installed yesterday, along with the Shark Racing/System-Upgrade Chassis Brace. Can I tell a difference on my 20 mile drive to work? Nope. Just hoping it helps keep the chassis tight. The Chassis Brace does not come with any mounting bolts, it should have because OEM ones didn't work...

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums