• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Second Generation Audio system power draw

Teskey

Hasn't posted much yet...
How long can I use audio system ie. Radio without engine running. Display warns not to use with engine off. How great is audio system draw on battery?

srobak

Supporting Member
Chicagoland
I've had my ignition on (not just accessory) for about 40 minutes with stereo at an audible level just outside the car with windows down (not blasting). Started the car right up and let it run a good 15 minutes. I don't know if I would risk it longer than that - lots of electronics running on that thing. :)

Teskey

Hasn't posted much yet...
I provide volunteer medical transportation and on occasion prefer to wait in car , maybe 2hrs without idling engine. Guess will take battery booster pack in trunk . Thank you for your input.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums