• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Augmented Reality GPS...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Not on the G70 (yet)...but apparently the new G80 will have it.

Pretty f'ing wild if you ask me !!! Translate the page if you can...

자유게시판 1 페이지 | SFKorean.com
Wow, nifty. The best GPS can be a bit confusing at some multi-lane exit ramps or round-a-bouts. That solves the problem. May never have to look out the window again.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

the.tru.albertan

Getting familiar with the group...
Red Deer, Alberta
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
We still don't know for sure if this is included in the 2020 G80. I've read articles saying it is, and others say after 2020.

So who knows. I hope it is in the 2020 G80 model tho.

JayceM

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Wow, that's really cool.

Slides

Hasn't posted much yet...
NJ
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Others have been working on this too, but it's some ways before it will be reality.

Electrode

Registered Member
Southeastern PA, US
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
My idea is to have an entire LCD windshield displaying a clear, bright camera image with augmented data. It would be similar to the rear view mirror cameras in some SUVs.

TurtleBoy

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Colorado
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!

xboarder

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
MB offers the AR navigation in the new GLE but they don't have it in the HUD as far as I know, just the infotainment screen. To me that really is not of much use and can actually be more dangerous since you have to look away from the road to see the info. I can see a HUD based system being much more useful.

In the X5 it gives lane suggestions in the HUD which so far has worked great.
Google Maps does this as well. If only the HUD in the G70 had tight integrations with Android Auto, it could display that data. It displays a bit of the turn by turn with the build-in Nav, but the Google Maps routing is far superior.

My idea is to have an entire LCD windshield displaying a clear, bright camera image with augmented data. It would be similar to the rear view mirror cameras in some SUVs.
It's all fun and games until someone gets and BSOD... :ROFLMAO: