• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Auto Lock after X Time

tissle

Getting familiar with the group...
Apologies if this is a dumb question....

I have a 2018 G80 Sport. Does this car support "auto-lock" after XYZ time period?
For example - after I park my car somewhere, and if I forget to manually lock, the car locks it self after like 30 minutes.

....and yes, I know about Remote Lock/Unlock using the Genesis Mobile app, but that's not what I'm looking for.

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80

tissle

Getting familiar with the group...
After having the Auto Lock feature on my other car for 4 years, I get annoyed at myself for forgetting to lock my car.:rolleyes:

Hey Google, open My Genesis!

Boom, same with me. I always forget to lock my car cause I had this feature with other car.
It's really annoying because i like to remote start my car, but it fails 80% of the time cause my car is unlocked in the garage.

Mcc

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Los Angeles
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
It would worry me to have my car unlocked for x minutes after I walked away. Seems like an invitation to anyone watching me park.
Cadillac is done by distance. If everything is closed and the Fob is more than a few feet away, car locks.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I’ve wished for something like this, myself, especially after we got my wife’s MDX, which is set to “walk-away locking”. Basically once the car is closed up, and there’s no fobs left inside, it’ll lock after about 30 seconds or if the key fob gets too far away (more than a few feet, it seems). Went searching through the manual for the G80 and all the settings in the dashboard menus, but I guess we’re not as lucky.

I’ve had to stop myself a few times and either reach back and hit the button on the door or pull the fob out of my pocket to lock the car. (I can never remember which button is which so I have to look at it every time.) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

gkra

Registered Member
San Diego, CA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
exit car, close door, push button on door. Never use a fob myself. Don’t even carry one. I keep the smart key in my wallet.
I haven’t gone for the smart key, yet. My wallet’s already got enough junk in it :)

Otherwise, I’ve adapted the same procedure, only with the fob in my pocket.

Though I have to say, the capacitive touch unlock on my wife’s MDX is really nice. At least, right up until it’s pouring rain and washes out the sensor. She learned that the hard way this week. ;)

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER