Automatic Emergency Braking - Saved Me Once Already!

50jae

Hasn't posted much yet...
PA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I was traveling at 60 mph earlier today on a 55 mph road and the car in front of me (about 100 feet in front) stopped in the middle of the lane because the entry to the left turn lane was backed up, and did so without turning on their blinkers. It really caught me off guard and I didn't brake fast enough but thankfully the AEB kicked in and I managed to stop in time. The car in front of me must have gotten scared because at the last second the driver lined up behind the cars on the shoulder, but even then I would've stopped behind the car in its original position.

I know it's hard to test out the AEB system but it made me truly appreciate that the safety systems come standard on this car, and how well calibrated the AEB system is on the G70 - it only works when it truly sense danger. Also glad I hauled ass from the previous stoplight so there were no cars anywhere behind me to rear end me :)

EdP

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
[QUOTE="50jae, post: 297774, member: 21094"
I know it's hard to test out the AEB system but it made me truly appreciate that the safety systems come standard on this car, and how well calibrated the AEB system is on the G70 - it only works when it truly sense danger. Also glad I hauled ass from the previous stoplight so there were no cars anywhere behind me to rear end me :)[/QUOTE]
Good to hear. Most of us have wondered just how well it would work.

Stevendom1987

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
So just for some clarity, when the system beeps and warns you does that mean it's already automatically braking for you? I've gotten cut off and had the collison warning come up, but never felt it brake for me. I guess I never got actually close enough to a collision? It felt damn close to me.

Gianttama

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Beeping doesn't mean it is already applying brake force, if u don't react, then it will brake at full force, you will know when it is happening.

bgpk777@sbcglobal.net

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I wish I had had it on my 2015 Genesis 3.8 last December. Was not able to react fast enough and ran into the back of a guy who stopped on a yellow stop light. Result was a totaled 2015.
Replaced it with a 2018 G80 with AEB system. Happy to have this system.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.