Automatic Volume Control

G-874141

I have a 2012 Gen Sedan, my radio volume always adjust itself when I'm driving. If I have the volume high, when coming to a stop it gets low. Also If I have the volume high, once I start driving it adjust itself louder. Is there anyway options on turning that off so I can have complete control of my volume system?
My Gen do not come with the DVD player or Navigation system. It has the small LED display radio screen, not the double din one.

andresnievesj

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
I just bought a 2012 Hyundai Genesis Sedan with the basic stereo system. Has anyone figured this out, it drives me nuts!

Mark Powell

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
I have the same issue with my 2009 Genesis Sedan and I found out that there's no way to disable the "Automatic Volume Control" in the settings and it happens only when you go pass 30 mph. I'm currently looking to upgrade the stock OEM non DVD/Navigation Radio for an aftermarket radio. Hopefully I won't have to deal with the Automatic Volume Control issue anymore.

andresnievesj

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
I think that's the way to go Mark, there are no settings that I can find. I redid my audio system, except the head unit because I don't know what exactly I need to do it. I have 780 watts of power with a 12" Kicker and when the radio volume automatically goes up, it gets really loud and way to much bass! It's annoying.
I took the car to Car Toys and they said they sell everything for the car except the head unit dash kit. They said you would have to custom mount it or something.
Anyways, they said it was gonna be expensive. Let me know what you end up doing Mark, especially if you run into a dash kit for the sedan.

Mark Powell

Genesis Model Year
Genesis Model Type
I think that's the way to go Mark, there are no settings that I can find. I redid my audio system, except the head unit because I don't know what exactly I need to do it. I have 780 watts of power with a 12" Kicker and when the radio volume automatically goes up, it gets really loud and way to much bass! It's annoying.
I took the car to Car Toys and they said they sell everything for the car except the head unit dash kit. They said you would have to custom mount it or something.
Anyways, they said it was gonna be expensive. Let me know what you end up doing Mark, especially if you run into a dash kit for the sedan.
I bought an aftermarket radio which is Bluetooth and touch screen off of eBay. I went ahead and purchased the navigation (84740-3M100) din setup and I plan on getting it installed by a professional. Im just hoping this aftermarket radio will show the climate information and still allow audio controls from the steering wheel.However, I'll keep you posted and will take pictures of the process.

Last edited:
The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums
Protect your vehicle from code scanners