Base VS Upgraded seats

liamlunchtray

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
So I have yet to be able to sit in them both to compare, but any input on the overall comfort of the base seats vs the Nappa seats in the Tech and Ultimate cars? I know they have cooling and the additional thigh support for the driver... Any other changes? I really like the look of the piping on the upgraded seats...

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So I have yet to be able to sit in them both to compare, but any input on the overall comfort of the base seats vs the Nappa seats in the Tech and Ultimate cars? I know they have cooling and the additional thigh support for the driver... Any other changes? I really like the look of the piping on the upgraded seats...
I'm on my second Ultimate. Only thing I know for sure, after a 12 hour day I'm still comfortable in them compared to any other car I've had. I find the cooling rather nice in summer too. Lots of adjustments to play with.

Xul0279

West Palm Beach, Fl
Genesis Model Type
This is going to sound weird, but the seats are my least favorite thing about this car (2015 3.8 Signature). I have a mint 97 Accord Coupe that's seat comfort blows the Genesis out of the park. However, they are too plush and soft (Original leather) and it does cause fatigue after an hour or so. I've yet to drive the Genesis more than 20 minutes at a time.

daviderle

Registered Member
I believe there is also the matter of 12 vs 16 way adjustments to consider, IMHO being able to adjust the lumbar and the sides of the bucket seats on the technology and the ultimate, makes a significant difference in comfort, beyond just the addition the cooling and the softer Napa leather.

FlySwatter

Been here awhile...
Georgia
Genesis Model Type
I've never had the opportunity to sit in a Genesis without the upgraded seats, so I can't offer an opinion. However, I will say that in addition to upgraded seats, once you start adding the tech and ultimate package goodies, you'll be spoiled by all of the quality of life improvements. The little things like a rear window shade, automatic trunk, and heads up display (that last one's more than just a little thing) tend to become must-have items you'll want in all of your future cars.