BC Coilovers For V8 Installed

dmitriylm

Registered Member
I got the revised V8 BC coilovers installed today and took some quick pics. The car was dirty but still looks great!

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Wow, that looks good! You're tucked! I wonder if they will make some for the 2G.

dmitriylm

Registered Member
I'm sure they'll make a set for the 2G cars once they've been on the market long enough and people are looking to modify them. It took a while for the 1G cars as well but things have been coming along for the past few years.

Rloyola0426

Registered Member
Chino, CA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I hope you're right. Seems like the aftermarket favors the 5.0 though. Although that's understandable, there are enhusiasts like myself that have a 3.8 that would like to modify too. Fingers crossed...

tmf2004

Registered Member
looks good IMO... the drop is perfect...yea we need more aftermarket support for the 2G..

dmitriylm

Registered Member
looks great, why did you choose coilovers over bags?

Too many reasons for coils over bags. Everything from cost/complexity/reliability to the fact that I take the car to the track occasionally and enjoy some spirited driving. I think coils are better overall for my uses.

Youseethefight

Registered Member
Too many reasons for coils over bags. Everything from cost/complexity/reliability to the fact that I take the car to the track occasionally and enjoy some spirited driving. I think coils are better overall for my uses.

i was thinking the same, i want bags but worried about reliability and of course spending $5000 for bags

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
Sitting pretty at that height. Did you happen to measure before and after heights? Curious to know what the drop front and rear is where you have the coilovers set.

chewbakarox

Registered Member
California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Looks nice. Do you know how many inches the minimum vs. maximum ride heights are? What did you set yours at?

Also interested in what spring rates you opted for.

xiaphin

KDModerator
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Bay Area
Genesis Model Type
1G Genesis Sedan (2009-2014)
i was thinking the same, i want bags but worried about reliability and of course spending $5000 for bags

1.5 years now on bags without issue. As long as you make a solid setup and don't cut corners it should last.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums