Black Chrome Plate Frames

Thread starter #1

LSC

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I own a Casablanca White G70 with black chrome trim. I love the way the black chrome looks against the pearl white. I saw another thread about debadging the car, which I am also going to do with the exception of the Genesis emblem. I'm trying to find black chrome license plate frames (don't judge). I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I was hoping one of you car buffs out there would have an idea. I saw O'Reilly's had carried them, but they are out of stock. Ideas? Genesis 2.jpg

Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
How are you guys mounting your front license plates? I live in VA and almost want to drive without a front one illegally because it messes up the front grill. Smh.

Beefer

Getting familiar with the group...
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Honestly...you can mount it where ever you want...as long as it is clearly visible. I was going to mount it off to the side at first...but decided not to.

Thinking I might still do it. The way it is done...there is a small plastic piece on the front bumper...for a tow hook. You pop that off...and there is a threaded hole that attaches to the main bumper. There is a mounting bracket that comes with the proper threaded "post" if you will that screws into that...and you mount your plate to it !!! So off to the side and away from the grill. Slick as balls.

This is just one...but gives you an idea...
https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-License-Bracket-HYUNDAI-GENESIS/dp/B077SP8TB1

Another with some more photos and explanation...
No Hole Tow Hook License Plate Mount For Hyundai Genesis Coupe

And thanks :)

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

Hasn't posted much yet...
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Honestly...you can mount it where ever you want...as long as it is clearly visible. I was going to mount it off to the side at first...but decided not to.

Thinking I might still do it. The way it is done...there is a small plastic piece on the front bumper...for a tow hook. You pop that off...and there is a threaded hole that attaches to the main bumper. There is a mounting bracket that comes with the proper threaded "post" if you will that screws into that...and you mount your plate to it !!! So off to the side and away from the grill. Slick as balls.

This is just one...but gives you an idea...
https://www.amazon.com/Bumper-License-Bracket-HYUNDAI-GENESIS/dp/B077SP8TB1

Another with some more photos and explanation...
No Hole Tow Hook License Plate Mount For Hyundai Genesis Coupe

And thanks :)

§ 46.2-716. How license plates fastened to vehicle; altering appearance of license plates

Did you end up getting this, or something like it? Just wondering if it fits the G70..

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.