Black door posts have indention's on all four at top

TNVol

Registered Member
East Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have noticed, and I didn't notice this when i bought it, that the shiny black door posts have indention's at the the very top. You can't notice looking straight at it but when looking at a angle you can see them. Anyone else have this issue or notice this. I am attaching a picture, which on the picture looks worse than it is and also it has a reflection of my blinds in the garage. But all four look like this. Like something underneath has caused it.

Attachments

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the same. Can hardly see it. Forgot about it until this post.

Just ignore it. Doesn’t get worse. My thought was during the unloading process or something.

TNVol

Registered Member
East Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I have the same. Can hardly see it. Forgot about it until this post.

Just ignore it. Doesn’t get worse. My thought was during the unloading process or something.
As a perfectionist it drives me crazy because now I notice it when I walk by. Glad to know it doesn't get worse and its not just my car. Thanks for letting me know.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Get a tiny suction cup...and try popping it out. Not worth it for me.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

EdsNotHere

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Having worked in the body shop and insurance industry for 35 years I can say this is normal. Mine have the same little distortion.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Andyj

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Pillar cover dents are unacceptable especially in a new car. The dealer should replace them under warranty.

TNVol

Registered Member
East Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
have to disagree with it being normal.. my G80 doesn't have such distortions, neither does my Camry, nor did any other vehicle I have owned, I would have noticed it, I am anal about the appearance of my vehicles, my OCD would be off the charts knowing that was there.

Hell my OCD is off the charts right now knowing I have a dent from an a-hole that opened their door into my G80 and left a crease, as soon as pay day comes PDR is coming out to fix it.
Yeah that’s how I am wired so they drive me nuts!

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I dunno, to me it looks like it's part of how they're fabricated. I have a feeling that if you get them replaced with new ones it will looks pretty much the same.

BTW mine have them as well, but I couldn't care less. Now, if I had an actual dent from someone/thing else, then yes, I'd be totally PO'd and wouldn't be able to ignore it.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Very first pic shows it. And that pic really shows it. It is hardly noticeable. I double checked and only my driver's side has it.

You have to literally bob and weave to get the correct lighting to see it.

OCD or not...it is a non issue. I guess one could consider it a lemon o_O

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just checked mine. It has the same "dent" in the same position as the OP in all four door posts. Wondering if is something related with manufacturing/assembly process?

TNVol

Registered Member
East Tennessee
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah really curious what is causing these. I swear they were not there when I first got the car and somehow developed but maybe they were and I just didn't notice. I have had several cars with exact same kind of shiny black posts and have never had this issue. Very baffling to me. Almost looks like a screw head underneath it.

Bourbonncigars

It burns when I pee...
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
If those pieces are anything like the ones on the '15-'18 Genesis/G80 they're a relatively easy replacement according to the dealer who replaced mine before I bought my used '15.