Black interior, except for the driver side door panel...

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wondering if anyone has the same interior color pattern in their G70. I have the 6 spd m/t. The exterior on my G70 is Adriatic Blue, and the interior is labeled as black....except for the interior driver side door panel. Instead of being black, it is the only portion of my car that is beige with the diamond cross hatch stitching. Is this common and/or "normal"?

danygenesis

Registered Member
Miami, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Wondering if anyone has the same interior color pattern in their G70. I have the 6 spd m/t. The exterior on my G70 is Adriatic Blue, and the interior is labeled as black....except for the interior driver side door panel. Instead of being black, it is the only portion of my car that is beige with the diamond cross hatch stitching. Is this common and/or "normal"?
Just the driver's side door panel? Are the others black? If this is the case I think you got a car with an assembly error. Anyone with a G70 MT can corroborate?

EdP

Supporting Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Parrish, FL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Certainly sounds strange. Sounds wrong and sounds like something that should have been caught at the factory and the dealer.

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Yeah, noticed this at the dealership, but I was just so excited to get my hands on a m/t G70 I simply forgot to ask. I guess this makes my car even more unique? It doesn't look bad aesthetically, maybe a little "unbalanced", but everyone who sits in my car has asked about it.

Last edited:

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Just the driver's side door panel? Are the others black? If this is the case I think you got a car with an assembly error. Anyone with a G70 MT can corroborate?

Yup, just the driver's side. Everything else in the interior is black.

wkitahar

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Certainly sounds strange. Sounds wrong and sounds like something that should have been caught at the factory and the dealer.
Yeah, no one at the dealership said anything about it. Just glad it's just aesthetics and not performance that's affected!

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Haha what the....how could they not notice that???
LOL I owned a 2000 Corvette that was ordered and built, not one off the lot, all black interior, when it arrived all the AC vents were beige.. Now explain how someone at the plant could not tell they were putting TAN colored AC vents (4 of them) into an all black car? and explain how no one from the assembly line, through QA, through dealer inspection, noticed it.

canucklehead604

one of the few 6MTs...
West Coast Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
^ umm, this can't be normal. this certainly is not the deal with MT trims.

pics or it didn't happen! sounds too wacky to be true. how could the factory and dealer miss this? how couldn't this have been caught during their $1000 pre-delivery inspection?

In-House Bob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I once drove a friend's Chevy pickup and noticed that the emergency brake light was labeled BREAK. How many F150s went out with that on the dashboard?