Blind Spot Monitor on HUD Disappears

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just noticed that the option for having the blind spot monitor show up on the hud keeps turning itself off every now and then. I just installed the 12.5 map update a couple weeks ago but I wouldn’t think that would affect it. I noticed it was turned off after I did the update but it could be coincidence and may have happened before so I’m not sure. Turned it on and noticed it was off again today. It’s the only option that is turning off. Any similar situations or ideas? Thanks

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I just noticed that the option for having the blind spot monitor show up on the hud keeps turning itself off every now and then. I just installed the 12.5 map update a couple weeks ago but I wouldn’t think that would affect it. I noticed it was turned off after I did the update but it could be coincidence and may have happened before so I’m not sure. Turned it on and noticed it was off again today. It’s the only option that is turning off. Any similar situations or ideas? Thanks
Do you by chance happen to hit your memory feature quite often?

if you do that’s the problem you need to turn it on and then save the memory settings if you don’t the next time you hit the memory settingsit got turned it off because it’s not saved as part of the memory settings.

HUD settings are saved in the memory features

Last edited:

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Do you by chance happen to hit your memory feature quite often?

if you do that’s the problem you need to turn it on and then save the memory settings if you don’t the next time you have the memory settings and turned it off because it’s not saved as part of the feature HUD settings are part of the memory features
Hmm very rarely but that makes sense if it was turned off for some reason when I saved the settings. I’ll try and save them again with it on and see if it shuts off again. Thanks

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I really have to stop using Siri voice dictation when I post. I just went back and read that. Ugh.

Fixed the post so it makes sense.

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I really have to stop using Siri voice dictation when I post. I just went back and read that. Ugh.

Fixed the post so it makes sense.
Just tried saving my settings with it turned on, on setting 1 and off on 2 and it wasn’t affected my the memory settings it seems.

Last edited:

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I had this happen with some regularity on my G80 Ultimate after installing the 12.5 update, but never got the chance to figure out what was going on before my vehicle was totaled.

I have not yet seen this happen with my new G80 Sport, also running 12.5.

Mr. Incredible

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
I had this happen with some regularity on my G80 Ultimate after installing the 12.5 update, but never got the chance to figure out what was going on before my vehicle was totaled.

seems odd as the update has nothing to do with the DIS and doesn't update anything in the DIS or the HUD modules, only the infotainment unit.

cbet25

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

Thanks for the response. I contacted Genesis and they said to take it to a dealership but there’s no way I can prove what’s happening without finding the trigger if there is one.

ifonline

Been here awhile...
Braselton, GA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
seems odd as the update has nothing to do with the DIS and doesn't update anything in the DIS or the HUD modules, only the infotainment unit.
The 12.5 update includes "refinement of the system including routing, functionality, and overall ease-of-use." This is about as generic an update description as possible, and while the "Highlighted Features Added" doesn't point out any system updates that might impact HUD content, it still seems possible that the update included tweaks to the system that introduced a new bug.

fubsy

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Mine also periodically turns off and I haven't updated to 12.5. It's just one of those software glitches that sometimes happens.

GeorgiaGuy

Registered Member
Fort Mill, SC
My 2018 G80 Sport has the same problem. Goes off periodically. Not important enough for me to bring in for service as they may try to fix it and disrupt something else.

Too_smooth

Hasn't posted much yet...
SC
Man I've been waiting for someone else to have this problem. I told the dealership about it once but of course you can't troubleshoot something you can't reproduce. Needless to say they never heard anyone else complain. I've been paying attention to everything I do in the car and haven't narrowed it down to anything but my last thought was that it was tied to filling up with gas. I have the car reset the MPG every time I fill up so my thought was that turns it off. Anyway, that's not it either so I'm still observing.....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.