Blind Spot Monitor on HUD Disappears

Macgomes

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just noticed that the option for having the blind spot monitor show up on the hud keeps turning itself off every now and then. I just installed the 12.5 map update a couple weeks ago but I wouldn’t think that would affect it. I noticed it was turned off after I did the update but it could be coincidence and may have mobdro kodi happened before so I’m not sure. Turned it on and noticed it was off again today. It’s the only option that is turning off. Any similar situations or ideas? Thanks

Speeder

Registered Member
Quinton, NJ
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
What Model, your signature says G70 but you've posted the question in the G80 Forum?

PaulH

Hasn't posted much yet...
I have the same issue on my 2018 G80 Sport. I would say it "unchecks" the blind spot option in the menu about once or twice a month. Complained to the dealer, but they cannot replicate.

daltonhobbs

Ocala, Fl
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Just made the discovery today with same issue. Make sure the button is lit blue for BSM

Stocks2k

Registered Member
Just a thought, but could it be that you are occasionally using the 2nd key and that setting is not enabled under that profile?

PaulH

This same issue has been going on with my 2018 Sport since day one. Shop can't replicate this issue. Happens about once every month or so.

Jaydub727

Austin, Texas
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
So one morning, after leaving my garage, the clock just rotated to the current time. The last time it did that, I checked the BSM setting on the heads up display and sure enough, it was gone. This happens at random times.

bubbaG80Sport

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
So one morning, after leaving my garage, the clock just rotated to the current time. The last time it did that, I checked the BSM setting on the heads up display and sure enough, it was gone. This happens at random times.
The Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) and clock have no relationship/integration other than getting power from the car. My hypothesis is this is an electrical/power issue. Most likely a hot wire causing a power surge (short) versus a ground coming loose disconnecting power. Review the wiring diagram for the BSM and Clock. I speculate they are on the same circuit. Then chase the wiring looking for something loose. Good luck, electrical gremlins in a car are tedious and time consuming to troubleshoot/fix

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums