• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Blue Link--What is your experience?

How well is BlueLink remote features working for you?

• Not bad-remote features work most of the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never use remote commands

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Daves1015

Hasn't posted much yet...
I've had my 3.8 2015 with Tech for about two week now and I am not impressed with Blue Links remote features envolked by using the Genesis application on my iPhone 5s. Last week I could remotely start the car but it refused to shut off at the 4 minute time I set. Yesterday, I could not get remote start to work or remote lock/unlock. Users should note that when using the Genesis application on your iPhone for a remote command, the app will say something like "success". All that means is that BlueLink got the request and not that it actually worked. I did subsequently get an automated e-mail that said "Remote service is currently unavailable. Your request for REMOTE START on 07/28/2014 04:49 pm US/Eastern was not processed. Please try again later." That is kind of proof that the touted service is buggy.

ckon

Registered Member
SE Michigan
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
Too clumsy and slow. I'd much rather have it on my fob.

italiabrain

Registered Member
The remote start feature seems pretty useful and reliable, but the current status feature almost never works and they've yet to integrate several of the advertised features that were advertised months ago. Also -1 across the board for having to sign up for a trial of guidance and not being able to cancel it without calling.

italiabrain

Registered Member
Too clumsy and slow. I'd much rather have it on my fob.
For me the fob would be nearly useless. I won't run mine unless I'm going to run it for several minutes to cool it off or heat it up and parking at work is outside the range of fob-based units in my experience. I don't have any use for starting it up at short range because it can't run long enough to be meaningful from work and at home it's garaged.

ksoze

Registered Member
I don't have any use for starting it up at short range because it can't run long enough to be meaningful from work and at home it's garaged.
Same here and also why the short-range FOB is of less use to me.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums