bluetooth adapter

landarcht

Hasn't posted much yet...
Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Thread starter #1
Curious to find out if anyone knows if there's any adapter available on market to plug into the center console USB/headphone jack so music from iphone can be played wirelessly to car's speakers?

FloridaGuy

Florida
There are plenty of inexpensive adapters like this one:
Capture1.JPG

You can plug it into the aux jack for sound and the USB for power. You also have FM transmitters that allow you to send audio to your FM frequency for your radio.

Not sure which iPhone you have. I have an old 4S that I don't otherwise use so I used the Hyundai audio cable to leave it in my car all the time. The original set up was for the iPod, but my steering wheel controls do allow me to move forward or backward is selecting music, which is pretty much all I was looking to do.

Capture2.JPG

As far as fidelity, the bluetooth and FM radio are lower quality, but with road/tire noise most would not hear the nuances of the better sound, which the direct connection will give you.

landarcht

Genesis Model Type
Equus (2011-2016)
Thread starter #3
I have 6S. I prefer not to stream through FM as well due to poor quality. All I want to be able to do is play music on my iphone, as far as control, via steering wheel or car's main control or on the phone doesn't really matter to me. So you're saying if I get the Hyundai adapter made for the Equus will work on my phone? Although I'm not sure if one of their end is the lightning plug and the other the USB/3.5mm combo that's proprietary from Hyundai.
I noticed you're also in Florida, I'm wondering if you found any dealer willing to update the GPS for a good deal, there was one post but unfortunately I think he's out of state.

FloridaGuy

Florida
I can't speak for the newer iPhones, I do not have one. Since the early EQUUS only has phone (voice) bluetooth capability, the inexpensive bluetooth adapter to play through the aux input is probably what you will want. There may be higher quality ones out there, but a limitation of bluetooth is it was not created for high fidelity reception.

I'm in Jax and the dealers here discount nothing! Full list price for anything and labor rates are whew!

Capture.JPG

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.