Bluetooth/Android Auto issues after Map 14.5 update?

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Hi all,
I completed the map update on my "new" used 2017 G80 a couple weeks ago.
I had like version 11. something, so quite a few things changed for me.
One thing that's bothered me since is that while streaming music through my phone (both bluetooth AND AA) sometimes the song will just stop.
Its still connected, but its like I hit a pause button.
Then I either have to pick up the phone to push play, go to the player on the touch screen or skip to the next song.
My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S20 5g. Unfortunately I just noticed I had a security patch update on my phone 2 weeks ago too.
So I'm not sure if its the phone or car's issue.
Anyone experiencing this?

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
OK.. it seems that we are twins, but my experience may not help you. I too have a G80 (2017) and a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G phone. I also have the latest updates to my phone and my car. And it would appear that we have the same first name?

Posting so that you have a baseline to compare.

There are no problems streaming from the phone to the car. Once I start streaming, either through BT or through Alexa Auto, the stream is perfect.

My best guess is that the issue is with the phone. You say it is still connected - and the only thing the car is doing is keeping the connection and playing what it receives. All the hard work is done on the phone, so that is more likely to be the issue.

Hope this helps.

pmckechnie

Registered Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Matthews, NC
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
MrRich4, I had the same thing happen yesterday (9/27/2020) . Samsung Galaxy S10, Genesis G80 map version 14.5, listening to Pandora using bluetooth, no AA, I don't like it. Sound just stopped. No errors, just stopped. Had to stop Pandora on the phone, restart it and all was fine.
Here is where it gets funny. Latter in the day we were listening to Pandora on our Samsung TV in the house and the same thing happened. Sound just stopped.
The only things the same was Samsung and Pandora.
I don't know if problem was the Samsung phone, Samsung TV, or Pandora.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
OK.. it seems that we are twins, but my experience may not help you. I too have a G80 (2017) and a Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G phone. I also have the latest updates to my phone and my car. And it would appear that we have the same first name?

Posting so that you have a baseline to compare.

There are no problems streaming from the phone to the car. Once I start streaming, either through BT or through Alexa Auto, the stream is perfect.

My best guess is that the issue is with the phone. You say it is still connected - and the only thing the car is doing is keeping the connection and playing what it receives. All the hard work is done on the phone, so that is more likely to be the issue.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Richard.
That's what I am afraid of. If it was the car, I'd just take advantage of the warranty lol.
I'm usually way too eager to install my phone updates.
I'll search for issues with the last phone update release.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
Could it maybe be a 5G connection issue with the phone? I know my new Samsung A71 5G phone has hiccups with the 5G connection on T-Mobile.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Could it maybe be a 5G connection issue with the phone? I know my new Samsung A71 5G phone has hiccups with the 5G connection on T-Mobile.
I'm on T-Mobile and the 5G is horrible, so I turned it off and just use the LTE connection which weirdly is faster.
I've downloaded my Youtube Music playlist so I'm not without music if I lose my connection.
But the next time it happens, I'll check my bars.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I'm on T-Mobile and the 5G is horrible, so I turned it off and just use the LTE connection which weirdly is faster.

It's all in the signal at the nearest tower. Your 5G phone only runs 5G when it is connected to a 5G signal. Otherwise, it puts 5G in standby, and drops to the best available signal from your carrier.

IE: My phone is on WiFi at home. When I get into my car, the phone loses the WiFi signal and looks for 5G. If it can't find that, it drops to various LTE signals - fastest available. It continues to hunt like that until it gets back home to my WiFi. Tyhis process SHOULD be seamless and require zero intervention on your part.

A totally dropped connection will lose your music (or your phone conversation if that is what you are doing). However, it should resume when the connection resumes. Your phone is not picking up the connection again unless you push buttons, so that would appear to be the issue.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I usually have a decent 5g signal, the speed is just slower than LTE speeds where I live, So I set my network mode to LTE/3g/2g auto connect.
My switching between signals and wifi is generally seamless too.
I believe (at least when using Android Auto) there is a signal strength indicator in the top right hand corner of the screen. Not bars, but the same triangle shape that fills in fully or partially based on signal strength.

I'll report back what I find.

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
I have received the following message from Hyundai Map n soft to fix my non functioning VR system.

"I have been notified that a fix for this problem will be issued with the release of version 14.10 at the end of this month" -Austin.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have received the following message from Hyundai Map n soft to fix my non functioning VR system.

"I have been notified that a fix for this problem will be issued with the release of version 14.10 at the end of this month" -Austin.

Interesting. Someone needs to tell them that they released 14.5 about a month ago though.

rroyce46

Hasn't posted much yet...
Calgary Canada
Genesis Model Type
Interesting. Someone needs to tell them that they released 14.5 about a month ago though.
Just got off the phone with Austin.He says 14.10 is correct ?? Go figure....3rd update this year is coming @ end of October to fix varios screw ups.Now these updates are free for us 2016 Hyundai owner's I guess we get what we paid for :( !

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have spoken with Austin in the past. He is a good guy. There are many different version numbers they use, so he must be referring to a different series.

Whatever.... I hope it improves Voice Response. I find it useless as is.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
how weird is that?
IT should be 14.5.1 or 14.6, if its a subsequent release.
Either way, hopefully it fixes the issue for me.
Its more of an annoyance than a problem.

Richard Mississauga

Old Fart
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
how weird is that?
IT should be 14.5.1 or 14.6, if its a subsequent release.
Either way, hopefully it fixes the issue for me.
Its more of an annoyance than a problem.

As a man in his 70's who has been married for longer than most of you have been alive, I am very used to asking for information or things to be done and hearing a female voice respond in a negative manner. Sigh.

MrRich4

Registered Member
Wisconsin
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
As a man in his 70's who has been married for longer than most of you have been alive, I am very used to asking for information or things to be done and hearing a female voice respond in a negative manner. Sigh.
Facts! lol.
I haven't even tried the built in VR. I use Google Assistant for nearly everything outside of the car.
One of the reasons I upgraded out of my older 07 Escalade was to get that integration with Android Auto.

Alfer

Registered Member
USA
Genesis Model Type
My MnS rep Greg emailed me that the issue I am having is apparently known issue after all so he is waiting word from 'tech support" as to what next step is. Sounds like I'll be told to update system when this mysterious end of month update hits the site.

McBain01

San Antonio, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
That stinks. Im loading 14.5 onto an SD card as im typing this. Wish i could select 14.0 instead based on the issues you guys have. That would still be a significant update for me since im on 10.x unbelievably.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums