• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Bluetooth

G-18839

I have to keep pairing My Iphone X with my 2018 G80 Sport. For some reason it keeps losing the bluetooth connection. This happens when the car is shut off for a few hours and then I start the car my car does nit see the phone. Not sure if its the car or my Phone.

Vermillion3

Been here awhile....
KY, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Does the G80 not show the phone as a device on restart like it was never paired at all or does it show the phone but not connect? There is a setting to tell the car to always look for a particular device when started up. This may be the issue of you have multi phones or devices setup on her.

G-713040

It seems to be an intermittant problem. Sometimes it sees the phone and lets me know it is connected. Other times it just doesnt see it, just wanted to see if other people had the same problem.

Vermillion3

Been here awhile....
KY, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
It seems to be an intermittant problem. Sometimes it sees the phone and lets me know it is connected. Other times it just doesnt see it, just wanted to see if other people had the same problem.
Can’t say that I’ve had that issue. Possibly try a different device as a test?

Tito

Genesis Model Type
2G Genesis Sedan (2015-2016)
I have to keep pairing My Iphone X with my 2018 G80 Sport. For some reason it keeps losing the bluetooth connection. This happens when the car is shut off for a few hours and then I start the car my car does nit see the phone. Not sure if its the car or my Phone.
I have same exact problem in 16 GEN and had it in 12 AZERA. I think when iOS updates, it causes problems with car which is not updated. I shut off Bluetooth on phone to avoid. Sadly, no fix seen as of yet. I had AZERA module replaced and still had BT probs. The phone calls and streaming of content are both affected. Wish Hyundai/Genesis would address with Apple.

JTreadwell

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have been unable to get my Pixel 2XL to pair with my 2017 G80. Has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone have a solution before I replace my phone??

Don88

My Go Tune: ♪ I'll Take You There ♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
Fellow Gennie Riders, suggest you visit your dealer before heading for the phone store and dropping a bundle on a new phone. The dealer may be able to solve the problem by updating your nav card (I think the SD card updates more than the Nav card) Seems b4 version 12 I didn't have Apple Car Play ???

pmcjr

Been here awhile...
Florida
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have same exact problem in 16 GEN and had it in 12 AZERA. I think when iOS updates, it causes problems with car which is not updated. I shut off Bluetooth on phone to avoid. Sadly, no fix seen as of yet. I had AZERA module replaced and still had BT probs. The phone calls and streaming of content are both affected. Wish Hyundai/Genesis would address with Apple.
I've had multiple iOS updates since getting my 2017 G80 and no problems with Bluetooth pairing. I don't think iOS is the problem. This sounds like a AV system problem.

Mr. Incredible

SUPPORTING MEMBER
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport

PMCH

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I have never had a problem connecting my iPhone 8. I love charging it with no cords.

Don88

My Go Tune: ♪ I'll Take You There ♫ Staple Singers
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Vancouver WA U.S.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80
I updated to 12.5 nav and still cannot get my Galaxy s9 to auto connect to Bluetooth.
Anyone have a solution for this?
I think you first turn on Bluetooth in your phone, then try pressing the Media button multiple times watching to see if AM, FM, USB and then, Bluetooth comes up on the display. This will remain until you change it. That is how my 2018 G80 Ult with Nav update 13.5 functions.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums