BMS Dual Cone Intake now available for the Genesis G70

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My BMS CAI were on back order - ordered about 4 weeks ago and shipped today, here Tuesday.

tomhall@consultingdallas.

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
RIDICULOUSLY FAST SHIPPING! We ship the same day you order. Often within the hour!

Save $100 RIGHT NOW with this LIMITED TIME introductory offer!

• For 2019+ Genesis G70
• Adds Horsepower
• Improved throttle response
• Improved engine sound
• Includes heat shields
• Looks great under the hood
• Cleanable and reusable filters
• Easy installation and removal
• Made in the USA

Gain horsepower along with terrific sound

Featuring high quality K&N cone filters the BMS G70 intake offers the highest possible flow in an attractive and easy to install package. The BMS G70 intake removes the restrictions within the factory system while retaining the factory cold air ducting, heat isolating airbox bottom, and high flow turbo inlet fittings. In addition a stylish top half shroud is included to protect the intake from radiant engine heat.The result is dramatically improved performance, throttle response, and sound. You’ll finally get to hear what is going on under the hood! And the more boost you run the higher the performance gains.
I have a G70 and installed the above intakes. They are really straight forward to install. Since I also installed a JB4 at the same time I can't say how they contributed to the performance, but man is there a difference with the two combined. It's like a different car! Now the only problem is what to do with all of the original factory stuff left over. I just hate to toss things away.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
still under 1K miles so taking it easy but looking forward to the added juice - hard driving around with the JB4 install but disabled ;) and maybe I'll do some Draggy runs once I got some mileage and do before after with just intakes, then add JB4 into the mix:unsure:

joschneider

G70 Member
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Las Vegas, NV
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
still under 1K miles so taking it easy but looking forward to the added juice - hard driving around with the JB4 install but disabled ;) and maybe I'll do some Draggy runs once I got some mileage and do before after with just intakes, then add JB4 into the mix:unsure:
Break in according to the manual is 600 miles. Let her rip!

buddy712

Chicago IL Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
My BMS CAI were on back order - ordered about 4 weeks ago and shipped today, here Tuesday.
Same here, my intakes were on back-order for about 4 weeks as well but they are being delivered today! Hoping for a good sound increase with the intakes. I like the performance but would like to hear a bit more engine noise. Its bad that my 2018 Chevy Traverse sounds more like a monster then the G70

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interested in the comparison results. I daily drive on map 0 bit map 2 is awsome and in reality enough for the street.

buddy712

Chicago IL Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Interested in the comparison results. I daily drive on map 0 bit map 2 is awsome and in reality enough for the street.
I am running Map 2 with colder plugs for daily driving and it has not given me any problems (Little over 800 Miles on map 2). I run and check logs whenever there is a drastic temp change and everything looks good. Cant wait to see what the intake will do

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
well intakes are here so I better do some runs without first - haven't even tried launch control yet :unsure:

buddy712

Chicago IL Area
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Installed the intakes yesterday morning, took about 35 minutes to install. There is some more intake noise at start up but as soon as the engine gets to idle there is almost no sound difference and the same is true when just cursing. Its when you get into the throttle and start to build boost that you can really hear the air being sucked into the turbos. The sound of the turbo spooling is intoxicating. There is also the bypass valve whoosh when you let off the throttle (Only if there was some boost)

Not sure I noticed any performance increase but need to do some 0-60 runs to tell for sure. Overall a good upgrade

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
been working all day since stupid O'Clock this morning so didn't have time to do any pre-CAI runs on drag. Maybe tonight.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Jinxed by rain this morning and tonight so a 4.87 was the only run as I'm getting used to launch control :-(

Aquineas

4th Genesis
SUSTAINING MEMBER
Georgetown, TX
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the feedback on the sound. Honestly I have been hesitant to install intakes as I didn't want things to get too loud on the interior. Been there, done that.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
ok 4.69 tonight but not sure I have hang of laugh properly yet. Screw waiting CAI's going on tomorrow weather permitting.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Canada
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Jinxed by rain this morning and tonight so a 4.87 was the only run as I'm getting used to launch control :-(
ok 4.69 tonight but not sure I have hang of laugh properly yet. Screw waiting CAI's going on tomorrow weather permitting.

RWD or AWD? I've done 4.53 stock or 4.32 with a 1ft rollout. I'm AWD and that was on 87 octane.

twister

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
no std, JB was on MAP 0 - put my BMS CAI's on today and thought screw it I'm going straight to map 2. First time I tried launch control at a red light I got it all a bit wrong and the rear end started sliding out while light was still red and I had my foot hard on break lol :ROFLMAO: god know what they behind me was thinking

Bum Dyno says wow this car feels fast (drove 500BHP Q60 prior)

Need to set up custom options in JB4 app me thinks

Map 3 soon for sure with some boostane but so far all good with no issues other than fit of BMS CAI - either I did something wrong or I got a dud bracket etc - may mod it so I can stop strut brace from touching air filter.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums