• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

BMS Pedal Tuner - First Mod

KP-G

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First modification to the new car and I couldn't be happier. It's really made a difference with throttle inputs including removing some awkward hesitations. The install was a breeze. Comfort mode was pathetic/anemic feeling and so now I actually don't mind it as much when I don't have a need for speed or additional driving dynamics. Sport, though, really shines. I'm used to a more responsive and direct throttle and this satisfies. While this doesn't technically add any performance, it absolutely gives you more accessibility to the power. I've settled on the stage 2 map as it meets my needs.

Highly, highly recommend.

BMS Pedal Tuner

CoconutRob

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I need some education on the petal tuner. I understand It does not increase hp. I have read that it doesn't make the car faster. So what does it do? If the throttle response is better, would that not make it faster? I have a problem with stock response and think I need this. Will this Tuner eliminate the kick down (which I can't stand)?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I need some education on the petal tuner. I understand It does not increase hp. I have read that it doesn't make the car faster. So what does it do? If the throttle response is better, would that not make it faster? I have a problem with stock response and think I need this. Will this Tuner eliminate the kick down (which I can't stand)?
I don't think it will have any effect on kickdown. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nazlahe

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
No Genesis Yet!
Its basically a little box that plugs in between the pedal and the ECU and alters the pedal position values that are being sent to the engine computer. So if you have a car with a really non-linear throttle response, the pedal tuner can even it out.

Say for example your car feels likes its using about 20% of available power over the first 50% of pedal travel. The tuning box can be set up to tell the ECU that your throttle pedal is farther down than it actually is to make power delivery more closely match pedal position.

Of course theres also a huge group of people that use pedal tuners to trick themselves into thinking the car is faster, or that genuinely think it makes the car faster.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
First modification to the new car and I couldn't be happier. It's really made a difference with throttle inputs including removing some awkward hesitations. The install was a breeze. Comfort mode was pathetic/anemic feeling and so now I actually don't mind it as much when I don't have a need for speed or additional driving dynamics. Sport, though, really shines. I'm used to a more responsive and direct throttle and this satisfies. While this doesn't technically add any performance, it absolutely gives you more accessibility to the power. I've settled on the stage 2 map as it meets my needs.

Highly, highly recommend.

BMS Pedal Tuner
So.. for example in comfort mode -- The shift points remain relatively the same but since the throttle response is quicker, you go through the gears faster? One great thing about the 3.3T is manual short shifting with say 50% throttle in Sport mode at lower RPM. It pulls so quick with little drama. Would the PT kinda accomplish the same thing when in comfort mode?

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So.. for example in comfort mode -- The shift points remain relatively the same but since the throttle response is quicker, you go through the gears faster? One great thing about the 3.3T is manual short shifting with say 50% throttle in Sport mode at lower RPM. It pulls so quick with little drama. Would the PT kinda accomplish the same thing when in comfort mode?
It certainly sounds like it to me... Might even make Sport mode feel like it has even better throttle response (not that it needs it).

KP-G

Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Let's see if this helps explain... Here is my un-scientific analysis. The tuner simply sends a different signal to the ecu>throttle. Imagine that Green is stock. You have to press the accelerator quite a bit to really begin opening the throttle and getting a significant response. You really don't see a lot of performance until you're foot is near the floor.

Red is the Stage 2 option (What I use all the time). The the pedal tuner tells the ecu>throttle to respond differently/more quickly to less pedal percentage. The response is more of what I would want and expect from a sport sedan. No lethargic acceleration, but also, not a race mode or a drag strip launch. Stage 3 (Yellow) is an even more dramatic response where you get quite a bit of immediate action.

This adds no power, but dramatically changes how the car reacts to the accelerator pedal action. I'd recommend watching some of the videos.

Throat Yogurt

6MT Mafia
SUPPORTING MEMBER
I'm right here.
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I had a similar product in my 2003 Maxima, that one was called a sprint booster. It seems that these things get no love no matter what car you are driving. No it doesn't add any power, but the accelerator pedal sensitivity feels so much better than stock with these devices. You could certainly argue that they are a bit overpriced for what they provide, but they are definitely highly noticeable.

Gnarlly

Registered Member
Maryland
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I just installed the BMS Pedal Tuner in a 2.0T manual Sport. Couldn't be happier with the results; a fantastic device that really addresses the stock throttle input lag with the car! Makes shifting so much better!

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
So, I've watched a few YouTube reviews on these types of products and they clearly do well increasing throttle response. What's interesting is that some of the reviewers have done testing using dragy etc.. and found that the higher response makes the throttle plate open faster thus decreasing 0-60 times. I've watched a couple videos now where there are clear differences. I would imagine if the device can open the throttle plate much quicker vs. rolling into it then there would be a better reaction. No more power of course but much quicker access to it...

I guess it's like comparing 0-60 in Eco vs 0-60 in Sport on a stock car...

Here is a good video on what they do...

Last edited:

Toddasaurus

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Portland, OR
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I'd be interest in seeing the throttle plate on the G70 - with all the different modes, plus pedal tuner.

In fact, maybe I can compare the modes as is, just out of curiosity to see if sport makes the TB butterfly react any quicker than comfort or eco.

Someone should remind me to do this after I fix my car. Lol.

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I recently installed the BMS pedal tuner into my 3.3T, and it's pretty amazing the difference in driving characteristics this device brings about. I tried it in the red stage 3 setting, and the car feels like a caged beast that leaps into action every time you open the throttle a tiny bit. I found that setting to be a little too aggressive for normal driving, but it's super fun to have the car in eco mode and have the throttle response way more sensitive than sport mode feels. I've settled on stage 2 for normal driving, it really feels like the car gets into it's power band faster when increasing throttle while already moving.

I found that this device basically completed the car power wise for me, between custom intakes, the pedal tuner, and RaceChip Black GTS the power delivery of the car feels instantaneous. It's impressive enough that I'm pondering selling the flipping the used JB4 that I have as I've received zero interest in the RaceChip that I've put up for sale.

Slip_Angle

Registered Member
Winnipeg
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Hey, thanks for the feedback! Can you describe with detail what the 3.3T feels like with Stage 2 enabled in each of the drive modes? I'm really interested in how Eco mode drives. I'm hoping it uses the torque to get up to speed fast but shifts early.

Anyways, looking forward to your comments!

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums