BMS Pedal Tuner - First Mod

Shadymouse

Registered Member
Yonkers, NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ordered, nothing additional other than conversion. Don't think there will be customs either.

Question for those that have one. Does the stock (default) mode in the tuner allow for the normal changes in throttle response between stock eco, comfort, and sport?

As in will the tuner be undetectable when it's in its default mode?

Default mode certainly felt like default. I didn't feel anything different than stock. Then I decided to add 2 levels to it and it felt pretty good on throttle, pretty responsive.... But maaaan this thing shines on Medium level (amber light).

I set it up to 3 levels on medium and it's awesome. Eco and Comfort are really responsive. Sports Mode is downright FUN! It's paired with a JB4, Ark CB, BMS intake, BMS C.C. , and Denso SP. Believe it or not, it really helps the JB4 and this powerful little engine shine. I think this is a must have.

Beefer

I’m faster
Richmond, VA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Default mode certainly felt like default. I didn't feel anything different than stock. Then I decided to add 2 levels to it and it felt pretty good on throttle, pretty responsive.... But maaaan this thing shines on Medium level (amber light).

I set it up to 3 levels on medium and it's awesome. Eco and Comfort are really responsive. Sports Mode is downright FUN! It's paired with a JB4, Ark CB, BMS intake, BMS C.C. , and Denso SP. Believe it or not, it really helps the JB4 and this powerful little engine shine. I think this is a must have.
It does nothing to the engine...period.

This is a perception device. Simply tells the engine to do it’s thing quicker (time-wise).

It does it’s thing very well though...and makes things more fun...but not faster in regards to HP and torque.

Shadymouse

Registered Member
Yonkers, NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

This is a perception device. Simply tells the engine to do it’s thing quicker (time-wise).

It does it’s thing very well though...and makes things more fun...but not faster in regards to HP and torque.

lol It's a reality device. You install it, calibrate, adjust the settings, and then you feel the difference. Does it increase TQ and HP? Of course not. Is there an electronic device that can greatly increase those metrics for under $200.... hell no. If there is, I wouldn't try it in my car.

Anyone that has this and adjusted the settings can tell you there's a significant difference in response time. From a dead stop in Eco/Comfort mode, Pedal Tuner excels. In sports mode with the JB4, like i mentioned, it's insane fun.

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Good to hear. This is my first "performance" mod so pretty excited about it. I feel like it's a good way to start off cause not too expensive and super easy to install.

That's interesting, so you're saying that even with the tuner set to medium, there's still a distinction between the cars eco/comfort/sport mode when it comes to throttle response? As in medium BMS and eco mode is more tame than medium BMS and sport mode?

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70

Still waiting on mine, but pretty excited about the device. Of course it doesn't have any real performance gains, but the idea behind it is still great. I think its a practical device that makes your life easier and makes the car feel more 'alive'.

Personally, I want the benefit of quicker throttle response, combined with the shift logic of comfort mode. For everyday commuting, I do not want to drive in sport mode, but at the same time if I step on it I just want the car to just go. I'm hoping this device does that for me.

Shadymouse

Registered Member
Yonkers, NY
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good to hear. This is my first "performance" mod so pretty excited about it. I feel like it's a good way to start off cause not too expensive and super easy to install.

That's interesting, so you're saying that even with the tuner set to medium, there's still a distinction between the cars eco/comfort/sport mode when it comes to throttle response? As in medium BMS and eco mode is more tame than medium BMS and sport mode?

I can only speak from a JB4 POV. Sports Mode is just a different animal man lol. Eco/Comfort felt very similar but felt 100 times better for light to light situations. In fact, driving in Comfort mode, making passes and/or speeding up in street traffic significantly better.

dareckibmw

Supporting Member
SUPPORTING MEMBER
Romeoville, IL
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G80 Sport
If this works pretty much the same as Sprint booster, which I tested recently, it won't eliminate the lag from dead start. No matter which setting you'd use sport/race...the lag is still there. I'll just use a factory "sport mode" for more fun.

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Ordered, nothing additional other than conversion. Don't think there will be customs either.

Was wondering if you received it yet? Was there any customs? I was looking into the sprint booster as well. Apparently https://www.jrponline.com is a dealer for it in Mississauga but they were unsure which model was compatible with the G70. :unsure:

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Was wondering if you received it yet? Was there any customs? I was looking into the sprint booster as well. Apparently https://www.jrponline.com is a dealer for it in Mississauga but they were unsure which model was compatible with the G70. :unsure:

Thats funny, I actually just got an email letting me know it was delivered. I signed up for email updates for duties/taxes and didn't receive any. So I'll check the item itself tonight/tomorrow and let you know.

There's a local dealer for the BMS as well, in Mississauga. You can find the item here: BMS Pedal Tuner

It's $282 after tax and you can just pick it up so no shipping. I contacted them and they said they have to order it from BMS so it'll take 2-3 weeks minimum.

For comparison, I paid $274 after conversion but before any duties/taxes, and it showed up in 10 days.

I don't think there is a sprint booster for our g70, and I'm pretty sure the BMS is cheaper than that anyways though!

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thats funny, I actually just got an email letting me know it was delivered. I signed up for email updates for duties/taxes and didn't receive any. So I'll check the item itself tonight/tomorrow and let you know.

There's a local dealer for the BMS as well, in Mississauga. You can find the item here: BMS Pedal Tuner

It's $282 after tax and you can just pick it up so no shipping. I contacted them and they said they have to order it from BMS so it'll take 2-3 weeks minimum.

For comparison, I paid $274 after conversion but before any duties/taxes, and it showed up in 10 days.

I don't think there is a sprint booster for our g70, and I'm pretty sure the BMS is cheaper than that anyways though!

Thanks for the update and also the link to the local dealer here. I really appreciate you taking time to reply. I'd rather buy it from the online store here even if it is slightly expensive to support the forum. I'll wait for your update and hopefully a review and then pull the trigger.

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Thanks for the update and also the link to the local dealer here. I really appreciate you taking time to reply. I'd rather buy it from the online store here even if it is slightly expensive to support the forum. I'll wait for your update and hopefully a review and then pull the trigger.

Good call. Will probably provide an update by the end of the weekend, but I expect it to be similar to what others have said.

Do you have any particular concerns/questions that you want me to focus on and try out?

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Good call. Will probably provide an update by the end of the weekend, but I expect it to be similar to what others have said.

Do you have any particular concerns/questions that you want me to focus on and try out?

OK. will look forward to it. No other concerns or questions. Thanks again! :)

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
OK. will look forward to it. No other concerns or questions. Thanks again! :)
Quick update, no duties or taxes. The declared value is clearly on the package but no request to pay. So I'm pretty happy about that.

Not sure if its cause of COVID or this is normal, but I've checked online and theres supposed to be 13% tax on anything imported.

Considering ordering a JB4 and saving on about $100 in taxes if this is a temporary thing.

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Respect to the Canada residents on the board who must calculate conversions for air temperature, fuel efficiency, distance, weight (mass), volume, currency, plus anticipate and weigh import fees, postage and what-all. In your head!

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Quick update, no duties or taxes. The declared value is clearly on the package but no request to pay. So I'm pretty happy about that.

Not sure if its cause of COVID or this is normal, but I've checked online and theres supposed to be 13% tax on anything imported.

Considering ordering a JB4 and saving on about $100 in taxes if this is a temporary thing.
Thank you!
Edit: Ordered!

Last edited:

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Respect to the Canada residents on the board who must calculate conversions for air temperature, fuel efficiency, distance, weight (mass), volume, currency, plus anticipate and weigh import fees, postage and what-all. In your head!
LOL! well actually every parameter that you mentioned I have to consider as this is my daily driver and soon to become beater!

rmod

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
A 60k car as a beater? Am I in the wrong profession?
The current state of my car almost fits the definition of a beater (just give it one more year ;)).

- Small constant minor issues *checked*
- Runs well *checked*
- Cosmetic issues *checked* (major stone chips, dents, 3X windshields in 1.5 years)
- High mileage *checked* (getting there)
- Rust *checked*
- Fun! *double checked*

Would not matter which car I bought, for my usage scenario all would have ended up the same. c'est la vie!:)

Bhavie

Registered Member
Ontario
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The current state of my car almost fits the definition of a beater (just give it one more year ;)).

- Small constant minor issues *checked*
- Runs well *checked*
- Cosmetic issues *checked* (major stone chips, dents, 3X windshields in 1.5 years)
- High mileage *checked* (getting there)
- Rust *checked*
- Fun! *double checked*

Would not matter which car I bought, for my usage scenario all would have ended up the same. c'est la vie!:)
That's actually a very reassuring statement. I've been babying my car almost to the point of obsession, so to see someone who still cares about their car but understands that wear and tear is inevitable is refreshing.

Hopefully I have a similar sentiment in a year!

DocOfTheDead

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
That's actually a very reassuring statement. I've been babying my car almost to the point of obsession, so to see someone who still cares about their car but understands that wear and tear is inevitable is refreshing.

Hopefully I have a similar sentiment in a year!
That is a tough lesson to learn! I just got my G70 but my favorite car is my LC500. That car is a beast and tons of fun to drive. I can literally just sit and stare at it. But for the first year of ownership I was almost too scared to drive it. I was so worried about rock chips or someone hitting me, or hitting a pothole and wrecking a rim... I had to force myself into realizing that unless I keep it in a display box, it’s going to have wear and tear. Once I really let that sink it, I’ve enjoyed the car even more than before because I can just embrace the joy of driving it.

The Genesis License Plate Frame
Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
hyundai palisade forums