Body Shop Recommendations needed for Northern Virginia area

Mr. Wonderful

Sustaining Member
Northern Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Damn! With only 6300 miles on my hitherto pristine G90 5.0, I was rear ended at a stop sign by a 19 year old girl with a provisional driver's license. The bumper is totaled, the left turn signal lens broken, and the left rear quarter panel creased and bent. There may be other less obvious things that were damaged, too.

The Hyundai dealership from which I purchased the Genesis, Alexandria Hyundai, does not have their own in-house body shop. The dealership recommended a particular independent body shop. I would prefer having the car repaired at a Genesis dealership, but the next closest one to my location has terrible reviews of their service on Yelp.

Can anyone with experience recommend a dealership with a body shop in Northern Virginia or the Washington DC/Maryland area? Failing a dealership recommendation, any suggestions for independent shops in northern Virginia?

Thank you in advance.

Patent1

Registered Member
Northern Virginia, USA
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
Sorry for your car, but glad you are OK. Thankfully have no recent experience with either dealer or independent body shops.

I used Lindsay Automotive Collision Center, Springfield, VA (866) 210-1176 when a deer decided to commit suicide by Acura several years ago. Pretty extensive damage to the car; Lindsay seemed to do a good job on the repair, including matching my OEM paint. Cannot comment on their current pricing/quality. Good luck!

Jim

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90

Mr. Wonderful

Sustaining Member
Northern Virginia
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
The accident occurred around noon, hours before any snow fell. If you hapen to see an old geezer driving silver G90 with the rear bumper held on with duct tape in the next week or so, you'll know it's me.
Anyone have any dealings with the bodyshop at Malloy Hyundai/Genesis in Woodbridge? Until I checked the internet, I didn't even know they existed.

Franco59

Hasn't posted much yet...
Houston
What do you think the chances are this 19yr old girl was texting as she hit you? Seen it MANY times in Houston, rear end collisions in stop traffic and culprit was young female driver.
Really a big problem these inexperienced young drivers texting while driving and running into a stopped vehicle in traffic. Epidemic all over the country.

secundinus

SUPPORTING MEMBER
National Capital Region
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G90
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.