• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2009 Genesis" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2009 Genesis Sedan" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Boost Lag

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think what some perceive as lag may be the response of the drive by wire electronic throttle. It can be really annoying. It was awful in my 3 series, even in sport mode. Had to buy a $300 Sprint Booster, which helped quite a bit.

NLJ

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like the slight lag cause the power comes in all at once after and feels good!

OMG70

Master Bruce!
LA/OC, California
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I think what some perceive as lag may be the response of the drive by wire electronic throttle. It can be really annoying. It was awful in my 3 series, even in sport mode. Had to buy a $300 Sprint Booster, which helped quite a bit.
Only noticeable in Comfort and Eco, which I believe intentionally retard the pedal feel a bit so it's not so touchy. In sport, I feel like the pedal feel/responsiveness is perfect

Last edited:

tarhoosier

Registered Member
Charlotte
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
On a somewhat related note, I have read that an actual horse produces around 15 horsepower.
From Wikipedia. The peak power over a brief time is ~15 hp. For agricultural work and horse type it is ~1 hp

In 1993, R. D. Stevenson and R. J. Wassersug published correspondence in Nature summarizing measurements and calculations of peak and sustained work rates of a horse.[13] Citing measurements made at the 1926 Iowa State Fair, they reported that the peak power over a few seconds has been measured to be as high as 14.9 hp (11.1 kW)[14] and also observed that for sustained activity, a work rate of about 1 hp (0.75 kW) per horse is consistent with agricultural advice from both the 19th and 20th centuries and also consistent with a work rate of about 4 times the basal rate expended by other vertebrates for sustained activity.[13]

maxsilver

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
I like the slight lag cause the power comes in all at once after and feels good!
Imagine still getting the rush of power but with no perceived lag, that feels even better. I've found that is what my BMS Pedal Tuner allows to happen.

sethsquire

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
From Wikipedia. The peak power over a brief time is ~15 hp. For agricultural work and horse type it is ~1 hp

In 1993, R. D. Stevenson and R. J. Wassersug published correspondence in Nature summarizing measurements and calculations of peak and sustained work rates of a horse.[13] Citing measurements made at the 1926 Iowa State Fair, they reported that the peak power over a few seconds has been measured to be as high as 14.9 hp (11.1 kW)[14] and also observed that for sustained activity, a work rate of about 1 hp (0.75 kW) per horse is consistent with agricultural advice from both the 19th and 20th centuries and also consistent with a work rate of about 4 times the basal rate expended by other vertebrates for sustained activity.[13]
So I guess while a horse has 15 peak horsepower, output at any given time depends on the RPM's of the horse...

Husky

Registered Member
Genesis Model Type
Genesis G70
The only lag I notice sometimes in my 3.3 is the gas pedal, especially if it's right after braking.

Tired of waiting for a Genesis SUV?
Pedal Commander
hyundai palisade forums